The Global Business Operations & Strategy organization consists of five strategic teams: Workforce; Partner Operations; Data Engineering & Analytics; Program Management & Infrastructure; Learning and Development; and Quality Assurance. These teams are responsible for:
Overseeing and improving Square Global Customer Support Operations; inclusive of managing tools, infrastructure, and systems, improving processes, and capitalizing on other opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Determining the standards for productivity, quality, and customer service level agreements. Leading projects end-to-end aimed at increasing quality and efficiency at the Advocate and organizational level.
Gathering and summarizing relevant data, suggesting improvements in tools and systems – subsequently delegating and overseeing project/program completion.
Developing metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team. Providing in-depth reporting and analysis to senior leaders at Square on a regular basis with a focus on customer experience, quality, and workforce management.
Coordinating and managing the development and implementation of key support workflows (and underlying infrastructure) to ensure the team achieves high-quality results while accomplishing service level targets.
Managing third-party vendor programs, including KPIs, service performance, and relationship management.
Providing learning solutions, coaching, and ongoing development to the Global CS organization.
Providing feedback and guidance to Advocates and Leads on ways to improve the provided experience.
We are looking for someone with exceptional process skills, who will report to our Head of Data Engineering and Analytics, Program Management and Infrastructure Management, and will provide critical support to ensure the success of the entire Operations organization by building and managing key team processes.
- Build and manage processes and frameworks for the intake, the prioritization, and the governance of the requests for the Global Business Operations & Strategy organization.
- Build and manage processes and framework linked to capacity planning, sprint planning, on-call processes.
- Build and manage the operational readiness forum for all stakeholders to align prior to a launch.
- Standardize processes and introducing best practices in the day-to-day operations of our teams.
- Manage Leadership team processes, including weekly / monthly / quarterly meeting agenda setting, content preparation, action captures and follow up.
- Support the Operations leadership team with presentations, reports, internal communications, research, facilitation, decision support, engagement, and goal setting.
- Support the Operations leadership team and their processes as an influencer, organizer and a hands-on contributor.
- Communicate at the executive level and cross-functionally to drive culture, collaboration, and successful outcomes.
- 6+ years as a project manager, coordinator, process optimization manager, operational excellence manager, or similar role.
- Practical experience in definition and implementation of processes within teams, with particular focus on intake, prioritization, and planning frameworks.
- Practical experience crafting communications, internal documentation and presentations.
- The ability to organize and run meetings, and to facilitate prioritization and governance across an executive leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience working with executives and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Ability to strive through uncertainty and high level of independence in bringing ideas to execution.
- A passion for handling a wide variety of tasks (“wearing multiple hats”): from performing research, to creating content to pitch an idea, to building and managing processes.
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work.
- Excellent soft skills, catered towards a variety of stakeholder functions. You’re able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, a process or overall project/ program status.
- Scrum master certification is a plus!
- Change management experience is a plus!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 – USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 – USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 – USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 – USD $148,700