The Huntress ThreatOps team has the unique honor of waking up every morning knowing we’re going to make hackers regret targeting our partners and customers. We’re looking for someone who wants to pour all of their creativity into researching, hunting, and discovering threats in our customer networks. Candidates should have experience leading a team of various researchers involved in the threat intelligence cycle. Candidates should also have experience creating Threat Intelligence reports, advocating for product enhancements, and public speaking.
Threat Intelligence Analysts aggregate threat data from the previous month and build out reports for our customers. These reports may also be used for marketing and help show the value of what Huntress provides to customers and the community. Threat Intelligence Analysts also are responsible for writing blog posts and marketing materials regarding emerging threat trends. They also work closely with Security Researchers to obtain more context about threat data.
Familiarity with product management, scripting/development, incident response, malware analysis, configuration management, and antivirus technologies are additional ways to differentiate yourself.
As you can imagine, success doesn’t happen in a vacuum. An effective hunter fosters highly collaborative environments between the Product, Marketing, and Threat Operation Center teams to accelerate our mission and secure the 99% of businesses that fall below the enterprise poverty line. This collaboration is needed to produce and prioritize a unified technical vision, ultimately delivering our most impactful features and capabilities.
We defend over 2.5 million endpoints and counting across tens of thousands of mid-sized and small business customers and that number continues to grow each month. Considering this market’s tighter budget, it’s impossible to dedicate human analysts to each client. The R&D team addresses this challenge head-on by building and scaling highly automated efficiencies—often lightly augmented by our Threat Analysts—that make intruders earn every inch of their access while maintaining affordability and healthy gross margins.
- Conducts research on emerging adversary tradecraft to help scope, and conduct hunt missions
- Responsible for aggregating threat data to build out reports for customers to show Huntress’ value, and inform them of various threats that have been seen and reported
- Responsible for creating reports for marketing to show Huntress’ value to the larger community
- Promote Huntress’ reputation through media interaction, public speaking, and blogs
- Works with the Director of Adversary Tactics, the Security Operations Center, Product, and others to develop the Product and threat operations roadmap
- Provides technical leadership for some members of the ThreatOps team
- Supports the professional development of researchers in the organization through coaching, and mentorship
- Responsible for enhancing Huntress visibility by ingesting and utilizing IOCs from external threat intel sources
- Responsible for blog posts and other marketing materials regarding threat trends
What You Bring To The Team:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of Threat Intelligence
- Experience with SIEM tools for scaled log analysis
- Familiarity with detection engineering, and detection logic i.e. Sigma Rules
- Experience researching and scoping threat hunt missions
- Understanding of cyber security, threat actors, and end-to-end threat life cycle including one or more of the following: digital forensics, malware research, incident response, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Experience with 3rd party intelligence tools, feeds, and reputation services
- Experience conducting OSINT gathering and analysis
- Foundational development experience across multiple platforms (e.g., Windows and/or macOS), C/C++, GoLang, and Python (nice to have)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows and/or macOS subsystems and how they interact both at the user and kernel level (nice to have)
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 reimbursement to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth