Our customers face an accelerating pace of change in the world, their business, and technology. They buy into mParticle not only for what we offer today but for our commitment to deliver continual innovation. To accelerate this, we have established the Product Response team, whose charter is to deliver a continual train of innovation releases, both “big rock” strategic initiatives and “pebble” near-term tactical customer commitments.
As Principal Product Manager, you will help lead the Product Response team, including launching new platforms and features, driving cross-squad initiatives, and coaching and guiding other product managers on the team. You will focus on innovating our real-time data pipelines and continuous 360 customer view product areas. These product areas which include integrations and SDKs, value-based pricing, data quality, data governance, and profile and identity APIs, require major technical chops as they are often geared towards the developer persona. In this true startup environment, you will get many opportunities to work together with the CPO and leadership across the company.
This role requires an “ER doctor” type product person, seamlessly transitioning between expert surgeon and master triager, balancing longer-term innovation work with near-term customer needs. A typical day in life would include diverse efforts such as coaching teammates, big rock projects, customer meetings, engineering discussions, and helping the team make difficult tradeoff decisions on tactical enterprise feature requests and bug escalations.
Technical Fluency – Leverage your deep understanding of developer experience and software development to deliver solutions that delight our developer community.
Versatility – Balance long-term growth, near-term wins, and execution. Be excited to wear many hats as the company goes through hyper-startup growth.
Decision Making – Make the hard calls to help define strategic product direction, and effectively prioritize the roadmap to focus and align with our long-term product-led growth vision.
Customer Empathy – Understand and analyze the diverse needs of our customers, think strategically, and lead with data-driven decisions.
Organic Leader – Be the champion to manage development timelines with transparency, consistent high quality, and iterative delivery that inspires the rest of the PM team to follow.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of product management experience at agile, continuous delivery, cloud software technology companies.
- Prior experience as a software engineer or equivalent experience in software engineering or computer science.
- Experience with data-driven platforms, products, and features in data management, marketing technology, and/or advertising industries.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-team product initiatives and guiding other PM team mates within a high performance product team.
- Experience managing planning and execution for a portfolio of products across one or more product areas.
- A proven track record of making insightful decisions and nuanced tradeoffs, balancing numerous priorities and requests across multiple groups of external and internal stakeholders and customers, to accomplish great things.Excellent written communication and presentation skills for audiences across skill levels and technical aptitudes.
What’s in it for you:
- Direct influence over the roadmap of multiple product areas in an industry-defining data platform. You’ll work to shape the data strategies of brand-name enterprise companies and redefine how customers manage their data with cutting edge of data infrastructure technology and practices.
- Rapid and challenging growth opportunities as you join a company that’s growing and changing quickly. You’ll learn on the job as you deliver innovation and as part of a team of world-class PMs and leaders across the organization.
- 100% company-paid health care (medical, dental, vision) for employees enrolled in our baseline plan with affordable cost sharing options for your dependents. We make certain you’re protected, have the options you need for care, and that it’s affordable for all.If you’re enrolled in our high deductible plan, we fully cover your deductible through annual Health Savings Account contributions which are yours to keep. This is for both individuals and for those with dependents.
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days. This also includes a hybrid work model that provides you the opportunity to design your work in ways that support you and your family.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Parental leave for maternity (12 paid weeks) and parental leave for the supporting parent (6 paid weeks) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family.
- Generous wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, pet insurance for our furry family members, and so much more!Here at mParticle, we embrace the differences that make us unique.
- We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is (DOE) $160 – $220k + equity & benefits.