GoDaddy’s Information Security Org is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join our organization. Do you want to be an Information Security Leader at GoDaddy? Can you solve large-scale and cross-company issues, while ensuring that partnership with the development and operational communities remains front of mind? The ideal candidate will apply hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and eagerness to design solutions to complex problems. You must be comfortable with communicating with stakeholders, performing security assessments, prioritizing security risks, and creating/presenting high-quality deliverables.
What you’ll get to do…
- Protect Users by performing internal security assessments, working to identify vulnerabilities, and providing remediation guidance to affected system/application owners.
- Join forces with SRE and development teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the occurrence of vulnerabilities at scale.
- Review quality issues and work towards detecting security flaws, both obvious and discrete.
- Assist with scoping prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done” via end-to-end ownership.
- Use your proven experience to own and drive resolution and retesting of complex security events, policy questions, and technical security risks.
- Launch campaigns to mitigate security risks across the company.
Your experience should include…
- 7+ years of progressive security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains including but not limited to Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, and Web Security.
- Experience in Secure Development Lifecycle and Shift Left with a Security by Design methodology.
- Experience with threat modeling.
- Experience applying security engineering best practices that align with security and privacy compliance requirements.
- Problem-solver with excellent communication skills, and a deep technical understanding of security engineering best practices.
You might also have…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- Industry-recognized security certifications from organizations such as ISC^2, SANS, Offensive Security, etc.
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R018480
GoDaddy’s compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual’s qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $168000.00 – $252000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $156000.00 – $234000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $140000.00 – $210000.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $133500.00 – $200500.00