We are looking for a dynamic, business-focused Principal Program Manager (non-technical) to join our growing Zendesk Corporate Program Management Office (CPMO) to drive transformation programs aimed at delivering company strategy, including merger and acquisition and business integration efforts.
This role works with leaders and teams from across the company to execute M&A integration projects and transformation initiatives. You will interface with leadership from Product, GTM, and G&A functions to ensure appropriate alignment with and support for integration and transformation goals and objectives. You will bring structure to managing the full lifecycle of complex programs from requirements gathering and program definition, to design and implementation, and operational excellence. The role will improve alignment between corporate strategies, organization objectives, and execution teams.
What you get to do everyday:
- Partner closely with leadership to translate corporate strategies into execution-ready programs and initiatives, then drive cross-functional execution teams to deliver on those objectives.
- Drive several company-wide, cross-geo programs at a time, ensuring clear, proactive communication and follow-up with stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Bring structure to sometimes ambiguous visions and craft programs to bring them to life.
- Design and build streamlined and optimized processes and work with teams on areas requiring significant change management in a way that minimizes disruption.
- Set up appropriate communications infrastructure for program execution and executive-level engagement.
- Identify and track key milestones from program inception to program retrospective; anticipate areas of risk and proactively mitigate them.
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of program success.
- Lead by influence rather than authority to build trust across the organization.
- Positively impact the effectiveness and efficiency of program team members by sharing your experiences and contributing to the continuous improvement of our methodology.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven track record of driving several large-scale, complex programs, including M&A and business integration initiatives.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Sr. Program Manager role within a fast-paced SaaS environment or management consulting focused on M&A, business integration, and transformation efforts.
- Experience working with and supporting operations teams and managing programs that impact large employee groups.
- Demonstrated success working across diverse teams and geographies, with the ability to synthesize what may appear to be competing priorities.
- Serves as an invaluable business partner to the teams you support with a diverse skill set that spans M&A integration, business operations, process design and improvement, data/analytics, and program management.
- Able to distill complex, multi-faceted topics into an organized, structured approach and mobilize the right people to execute.
- Extremely strong collaboration, planning, influencing, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to tailor your approach and those of the Corporate PMO to meet the needs of Zendesk teams.
- Ability to follow and positively influence Corporate PMO methodology and best practices.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence), Smartsheet, and/or process mapping software (Lucidchart) a plus.
- PMP and/or Prosci Change Management certifications a plus.
The US annualized base salary range for this position is $139,000.00-$209,000.00. T