At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will be working with designers and engineers across the organization to envision, design, and prototype new products and features. You’ll be a mentor for your fellow designers, holding the highest craft principles, and inspiring those around you with outstanding design solutions.
You are passionate about developing design strategies, based on insights of real people, you have the mastery of craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products and you inspire us by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within our Product & Engineering department, playing an important part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Work with leadership to create design vision and strategy across the organization. Be a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Deliver consistent user experience across the product. Raise the standards not only of our design efforts but also that of product strategy and execution.
- Provide critical feedback to other designers on their work and ensure that we are delivering high-quality design outputs that meet both user and business needs.
- Work with designers across squads and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving Hotjar’s design system and interface guidelines. Help other designers grow and improve by serving as an example and being an active mentor to them.
- Experience setting up frameworks and brainstorming initial design concepts. Experience with user-centered design methods and best practices and you’re always looking to improve on your process.
- Experience designing and maintaining modern Design Systems. You can grow design practices to provide a unified product, from concept to implementation.
- The ability to work in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Power to impact others and advocate for consensus.
- You can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to step back and see the whole ecosystem and provide solutions that better the entire user flow not only the feature.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- You must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €110,000 to €160,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.