Our People team is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a highly-experienced Principal HR Business Partner to work with our leadership teams in engineering and product as a strategic business advisor and thought partner. This role will lead and implement people strategies as well as drive innovation and growth across the engineering and product organizations. In addition, this role will help enhance and build new people programs, bringing HR best practices to the broader company. Get ready to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting challenges, and be part of a truly unique team and company!
This is a fully remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States.
- As a key strategic advisor to the engineering and product teams, provide coaching and guidance on HR matters in areas including career development, employee engagement, performance management, talent management, and compensation
- Provide end-to-end human resources services to assigned business groups and identify new opportunities to add value
- Support leaders with formulating and driving people strategies to build and maintain high-performing and highly engaged teams
- Work with leaders to understand their specific resourcing needs, coaching them on people management and career development to foster employee success
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying issues, counseling on solutions, and participating in the performance review process
- Provide guidance on salary issues related to internal promotions and new hire compensation, while taking into account market and internal equity considerations
- Spearhead projects, including the design, development, and rollout of HR programs related to employee engagement, learning and development, and other related initiatives in the Coalition people plan
- Build and grow relationships by promoting an open door policy, culture of approachability, and welcoming employees at all levels to assist with and solve HR issues
- Maintain accountability for HR compliance and all relevant employment laws and practices in North America
- Contribute to HR reporting and analysis, identifying opportunities to improve People team support for employees
- Be a steward of company culture. Champion and coordinate engagement programs and initiatives across the organization
- Stay current on HR technologies and best practices, recommending proactive solutions for administrative efficiency and improved employee performance, retention, and engagement
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 8+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner
- 2+ years of recent experience as an HRBP supporting engineering and product teams at a tech startup
- Experience within late stage/growth stage startup environment and/or working in a high growth technology company and helping them scale and grow
- Strong business acumen with expertise in employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, change management, career development, talent management, compliance with US employment law, and other related matters
- Experience designing and implementing operational HR programs from concept to rollout with solid project management skills
- Experience supporting HR functions across multiple locations (North America and Europe preferred)
- IPO experience
- Startup experience
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $125,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $170,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee’s pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.