As a Pricing and Packaging Researcher, you will partner with a virtual team of passionate peers from Business Planning, Product, Finance, Product Marketing, and Sales to define and execute pricing studies and to develop insights and recommendations for optimal pricing and packaging strategies. Specific projects could include: Van Westendorp willingness-to-pay (WTP) studies, competitor market research, packaging/feature studies like MaxDiff, and/or Choice-Based Conjoint studies to test business model, monetization unit, pricing, and packaging options with customers.
- Collaborate closely with GitHub’s Business Planners to prioritize pricing and packaging research opportunities
- Execute both qualitative and quantitative customer research studies from beginning to end: study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, presenting, and executing with attention to detail and quality
- Deep knowledge of pricing and packaging research techniques, including but not limited to: Van Westendorp, Gabor Granger, MaxDiff, Choice-Based Conjoint (DCM), and qualitative surveys and interviews.
- Analyze data and create executive-ready presentations with research results
- Present actionable insights and recommendations for optimal pricing and packaging strategies to multiple teams and leaders across the organization
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends and competitor strategies
- Develop pricing models and simulations (Monte Carlo) to determine optimal pricing strategies for GitHub software products
- Continuously monitor market trends and advise on pricing and packaging strategies accordingly
- Actively engage with the larger GitHub Customer Research team by cross-sharing knowledge and skills, incorporating research best practices, sharing study design and results, and providing feedback to enhance the team
- 5+ years of experience leading end-to-end pricing & packaging research projects (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) with demonstrated impact
- Specific experience with a wide variety of pricing and packaging methodologies, such as Van Westendorf, Gabor Granger, MaxDiff, Choice-Based Conjoint, Discrete Choice Models (DCMs), etc.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Customer Research, Analytics, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience conducting research on developer tools or other technical products
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, SAS or other data analysis tools
- Experience working with a remote, distributed team
- Experience working in the B2B software industry
Minimum salary of $90,700 to maximum $240,000.