With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
- Lead pricing to increase revenue and growth through data analysis and modeling
- Partner with vital internal team members to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives around pricing
- Assessing data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and market trends
- Apply statistical modeling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies on profitability
- Recommend pricing strategies that align closely with market trends and identify new market segments
- Forecast revenue and market share based on market trends, production costs, profit margins, and sales volumes
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research and provide analysis around customers requests and pricing; take action on insights found to motivate changes in pricing structure to enable revenue growth
- Define, track, and measure pricing important metrics and implement continuous pricing optimization plan
- Preparing and communicating pricing analysis findings to executives, marketing teams, and sales staff
- Keeping informed on pricing analysis methods and industry trends
- Translate pricing strategy and data into executable plans for multiple teams
Please apply if:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 5+ years experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or technology experience in strategy, pricing, and/or product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including detailing business processes, use cases, and business requirements
- Excellent analytical and reporting capabilities, problem solving, negotiation, task and project coordination, and organization skills
- Expert in data analytics; sophisticated Excel skills required, including proficiency with pivot tables and VLOOKUP. Equivalent Google Sheets experience preferred
- Expertise in crafting pricing or marketing surveys
- Experience running pricing research including conjoint and other direct pricing studies
- Strategic problem solver with bias for execution with a high sense of urgency
- Understanding in SaaS business models and sales organizations
- Excellent analytical skills to frame and solve sophisticated problems
- Comfortable working in a high growth, constantly evolving environment
- Understanding of basic SQL to be able to pull data for an ad hoc analysis
- Project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable:
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year – the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $107,000 – $140,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.