What we’re looking forAs a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be a technical product expert who will work hand-in-hand with the sales team to understand customer technical requirements and design solutions to meet their needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy customer engagement, be comfortable exploring a broad range of business models and use cases and designing solutions that fit. You will thrive in becoming a trusted technical adviser to our customers as they adopt open banking technology, often for the first time.
Our cultureWe are a young company and we are growing fast. We have offices in London and Vilnius (so far), and we have over 100 talented individuals joining us from their homes, offices and coworking spaces from seven countries around the world. We are wonderfully diverse, with 27 nationalities – and counting! We continue to expand our global reach as we build the world’s leading open banking infrastructure.
We attract people who are excited to work in a nascent and disruptive industry that will change the way we interact with financial services, forever. We are building the infrastructure that will become the nervous system of the global economy.
We are looking for people who don’t always know the answers but can use their skill and judgement to work beautifully within teams to create great solutions for our customers. So whichever discipline you choose, whether that’s Engineering, Product, Commercial or Operations, we hire people who want to make a difference and can roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Yapily sales team to provide technical expertise, with a particular focus on winning new customers;
- Becoming a Yapily product expert – understanding our APIs and products in depth;
- Understanding customers’ technical requirements and architecting solutions that satisfy their needs and deliver business value;
- Building and demonstrating solutions built on Yapily’s technology;
- Taking responsibility for the technical and functional elements of customer RFP responses;
- Helping to drive greater customer adoption and satisfaction by championing customer technical feedback internally, especially with Product teams;
- Being an active member of the Yapily technical community – internally and externally.
To be effective in this role you should:
- Have experience in a technical client-facing role (ideally pre-sales) within a SaaS/API company.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealing with clients to articulate technical concepts to a range of stakeholders.
- Be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment – at times working on initiatives beyond the scope of your core role.
- Be highly-effective at managing your time.
- Believe in the immense opportunity of Open Banking and Open Finance
Ideally you will also have:
- Worked within the fintech or broader financial services industry, especially payments.
- Worked significantly with APIs and be familiar articulating the technical benefits of infrastructure-based solutions.
- Have some level of past programming experience, preferably Java or front and backend web development.
If you think you might be a good fit for us, but you don’t have all the experience listed here, please do apply, we are open to considering candidates with diverse skills and experience.