A highly-motivated and driven Permitting Coordinator to oversee our permit application and retention processes and procedures. This person will be responsible for researching and preparing submittal documentation for required short-term rental permits as well associated work. . The ideal candidate will be highly organized with an acute attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment.
What you’ll do…
- Prepare permit application packages that meet the requirements of local governments and jurisdictions, governing agencies or any other relevant entities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities and manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities.
- Effectively track and complete all permitting related work including new permit applications and permit renewals.
- Review expansion plans to ensure compliance in proposed jurisdictions, municipalities, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with the Real Estate, Legal, Leasing Onboarding, and Operations teams to ensure timeliness of permit acquisition for each of our homes.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on matters related to local municipal codes and to effectively communicate status of permits.
- Act as the point of contact for appropriate internal stakeholders about requirements and regulations of government entities and municipalities to assist with compliance.
- Research, monitor and analyze legislation related to short-term rental permitting interests and issues.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use, Public Policy, Urban Planning, or another related field
- 2+ years experience acquiring land use permits
- 2+ years experience with permit applications and the preparation of related documents
- Experience in the real estate and/or short-term rental industry a plus
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in real estate and short-term rental acquisitions
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with local governmental agencies, municipalities, and jurisdictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team; thrives in an ever-changing, fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
Perks and Benefits…
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office