We are looking for a Service Management Lead on our Global People Operations team to stand up and build out a Service Management function supporting Global People Operations and our broader People team. Reporting to the Head of Global People Operations, you will design and implement an organization (seeded by you and growing in accordance with business need) responsible for delivering services such as Process Excellence, Business Analysis, and Best Practices implementation. You may also identify additional prospective new work for People Operations and collaborate with our People team partners to streamline and migrate this work.
- In collaboration with People partners, develop a ‘lay of the land’ perspective regarding People work that can be streamlined through process improvement, automation, and centralization, in accordance with commercial best practices.
- Create and execute an implementation roadmap for in-scope work.
- Scope and stand up a team to facilitate implementation/ongoing operations of this work.
- Help develop a transformational vision for the Global People Ops team, spanning the employee lifecycle.
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple People data-related matters and processes.
- 10+ years of experience across several of the following: Process Excellence, Reporting, Business Analysis, with a focus in HR; 5+ years experience building and/or managing teams; experience with Jira and Workday are preferred.
- Experience with modern communication tools (e.g., Google Meet, Slack).
- Experience implementing processes that scale and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- The ability to remain composed with high volume of activities.
- A propensity to partner with others at all levels globally.
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them.
- Bias for logical action: You have an urgency to lead systemic change through a data-driven lens without compromising quality.
- Empathy: You always want to understand someone’s struggle.
- Organized: You know how to keep track of multiple projects through delivery.
- A desire to standardize, scale, automate, and then repeat.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 – USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 – USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 – USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 – USD $186,700