We are looking for the next great addition to our People Operations team! We are seeking curious, innovative individuals who will serve as trusted advisors to both team members and leadership, fostering a positive and high-performance workplace culture while ensuring alignment between business objectives and people-related initiatives. Additionally, we’re looking for individuals who will contribute to our continued growth by taking ownership of key HR projects, from conception to implementation, ensuring successful outcomes. This role does not require prior HR or People Operations experience, but rather, experience working backwards from data to make decisions and develop excellent plans; adaptability; ownership over projects, people, and/or critical workflows; thinking from first principles.
Main Job Duties
- Collaborate with business leaders to increase talent density within their teams.
- Collaborate with business leaders to resolve pain points, allowing them to meet/exceed expected goals/results.
- Utilizing data, and identifying trends to proactively address problems before they become major pain points.
- Hold business leaders accountable for the coaching and development of the individuals within their purview, including collaborating on exit strategies for individuals not meeting expectations.
- Create an excellent onboarding experience for anyone joining the organization.
- Serve as the checks and balances for high-impact workflows, like hiring, management. promotions, compensation changes, and more.
- Manage the administrative tasks for the end-to-end team member lifecycle, including onboarding, personnel changes, offboarding, and more.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to all inquiries and concerns.
- Supports the overall goals and initiatives of the People Operations team, owning critical projects and tasks as necessary, and serving as backup support to fellow People Ops team members.
Some of the current People Ops projects you may support
Onboarding and Development
- Creating an excellent onboarding experience for all new hires
- Ensuring new managers have clear expectations for their roles, as well as access to self-service training and ongoing development resources
Compensation Best Practices
- Building, publishing, and maintaining compensation bands
- Establishing guidelines about our compensation strategy for managers to use as a guide when handling compensation discussions.
HR Systems and Platform Security
- Moving to SSO across all possible platforms to enhance security
- Ensuring full utilization of all paid platforms
- Ensuring managers have the necessary data about their team to understand both historical data and current trends
Need to Have (Skills):
- At least 5 years of experience either:
- Managing people, or
- Managing projects across multiple teams, or
- Managing a function (like recruiting as an example)
- Experience exercising independent judgment that’s aligned with the values and philosophies of the business
- Experience managing multiple workflows, projects, and tasks simultaneously, while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google Drive products like Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, and Slides/Presentation
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly
Need to Have (Values):
- First Principles Thinking– We don’t follow suit and build what others are building – we build something new and better. We work backward from data, feedback, and information to create the best solution possible, even if it means starting over from scratch. We don’t do something because it’s what we have always done, or because some person or book told us we should; we do the thing that’s best, even if it’s hard and uncomfortable.
- Judgment– You aren’t afraid to make decisions and exercise independent judgment, and when you do, you are usually right. This doesn’t mean you can’t ever make a mistake, but it does mean that you are above average when it comes to making judgment calls.
- Initiative and Resourcefulness– When you see an issue, you jump in and fix it. When you don’t know where to start, you lean on your intuition and judgment and just start somewhere. You work independently to achieve your goals and pull in other members of the team when necessary. You are resourceful in finding answers and solutions on your own whenever possible because that is how you learn and grow.
- Integrity– You do not share the confidential and sensitive information you have access to with others (unless given permission), and you never use that information for your own gain. We’re intellectually honest, and when we make mistakes, we raise them as quickly as possible.
- Ownership– While you may be assigned a specific task or responsibility, you have a high sense of ownership over everything that touches People Ops. When you see an issue, you either take ownership of fixing it yourself, or you find the best person to fix it and flag it to them. We own our work to the fullest, and the buck stops with us.
Salary and Schedule
- Salary is between $70,000 – $140,000 and based on experience and location
- Generally flexible to work schedules in the time zones of ET, CT, MT, and PT