You’ll work with our People team to keep our business and people strategies in sync across Chess.com teams. You’re an experienced business partner who takes pride in supporting the development of happy, healthy, high-performing team members. You’ve worked in tech or start-ups and understand how to build strategically and execute at scale, zooming in and out seamlessly. You have a passion for chess (no matter your rating) and growing the game.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to our Creative and Business teams, using your expertise in people practices to offer guidance and solutions for managers that build on performance, support employee relations, develop our teams, and support across people-related matters within the org.
- Handle sensitive employee relations matters, including conducting investigations, addressing concerns, and offering guidance on conflict resolution, while ensuring compliance with employment laws, policies, and best practices across our global team.
- Collaborate with managers to proactively identify and capture opportunities to keep our teams aligned to the mission, leaning into our values to enhance team member experience and maintain our positive, no-corporate work environment.
- Partner with leadership and the Talent Acquisition team to understand talent needs and connect them to the recruiting process, helping to ensure we’re hiring top, mission-aligned, and values-driven candidates.
- Support managers in planning for the future, developing their teams, and providing great and timely feedback to cultivate a culture of organized and mission-fueled professional growth.
- Analyze people metrics and data to identify trends and recommend actionable steps to enhance our people programs and processes across the teams.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of our people policies, procedures, and employment laws to leaders and team members.
- Collaborate with People Ops to provide company-wide support in additional areas of functional passion or expertise.
- Actively contribute to Chess.com’s positive and global culture.
- As part of a rapidly growing company, embrace the change and shift of responsibilities and roles over time.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related major
- 8+ years of experience as a HR/People Business Partner in tech or gaming; experience at rapidly scaling companies a plus
- Comfortable working with international teams with demonstrated success in remote, a-sync environments
- Outstanding general computer and technology skills, including cloud software such as Google Workspace or Notion
- Possess strong logical thinking and data analysis ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and learning new skills
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This position is open to applicants in the United States or Canada