As the Payment Operations Lead, you are responsible for the operational program that drives all payment products and tooling at Synctera. In this role, you will build and execute our payment operations playbook, coordinate with and scale via an outsourced operations team, and be an operations liaison with our bank partners and fintechs customers to create an exceptional stakeholder experience. You will advocate for both our external customers and the internal ops teams that support them.
In addition, you will contribute towards efforts to implement operational efficiencies and reductions in support tickets and will work with our product teams as a primary customer to define improvements to our operational tools. This is a cross functionals role that will require close partnering with internal stakeholders and teams to identify points of friction, deep diving operational problem areas, resolving escalations, and gathering data to support projects and product launches. We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter.
What you’ll do
- You are an execution and problem solving machine, and will lead the day-to-day operations of Synctera’s current Core (ledger and reconciliation) and Payment (ACH, p2p, cards) products
- You will design and execute a runbook for all operational payment processes and procedures for both internal and BPO team members; including ongoing updates with the product roadmap
- Serve as the payment ops point of contact for internal stakeholders across the company
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to build out critical ops tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues
- Define and build out resource requirements for the Payment Ops function
- Support our BPO partner with training material while running train-the-trainer sessions
- Ongoing liaison with sponsor banks to understand their operational needs and communicating feedback with Synctera product managers
- Build dashboards and reporting and manage operations towards continuous improvement against key SLAs.
- Be an internal and external champion of Synctera’s values and the team’s goals
Who you are
- 5-8+ years of payment operations experience in cards, payments, banking, or other financial services
- You don’t shy away from complex problems and are enthusiastic about establishing best practices across the Ops organization
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who thrives in ambiguity
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- Comfort working with data, SQL skills a plus
- Passionate about and have a deep knowledge of global and emerging payments technologies, product solutions, and operational frameworks (not required, but nice to have)
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company’s journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)