Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets–spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise in December and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world–including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is looking for a Partnership Manager who is responsible for generating new relationships with prospective partners that are looking to work with Openly’s homeowner product. This critical role’s focus is to build contact and develop relationships with large partners while at the same time, evaluating whether their business model aligns with Openly’s value proposition. Opportunities to join a team like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
- Develop and cultivate a short and long-term strategic pipeline to drive premium growth through various partnership channels.
- Cultivate relationships with the potential agency partners by providing an overview of Openly and understanding how Openly can fit into their business model.
- Map out a strategic plan for the partnership strategy and execution plan
- Maintain C-level relationships and drive strategic discussions that align to partner short and long-term goals.
- Manage the pipeline by providing accurate forecast and timelines
- Build trust with leadership by ensuring a seamless transition through the agency appointment process by adhering to Openly’s standard processes and setting expectations.
- Collaborate with the Openly marketing, product, and engineering teams to optimize acquisition tactics to drive strategic long-term relationships with agencies.
- 5+ years of outstanding sales/partnership performance with an ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Expert in managing large national relationships
- Experience with negotiating large complex contracts
- Established credibility and relationships with C-level executives
- Highly analytical and focused on KPI, financial metrics to drive results
- Consistent track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM
- Property & casualty insurance experience a plus
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k corporate contribution, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even prior to COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.