Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. We’re looking for a passionate consultant with inventory accounting industry knowledge, savvy tech skills, who wants to be part of an accounting software company revolutionizing the small business world.
This role is responsible to help drive the adoption of Xero Inventory Plus within accounting firms making a change to use Xero’s cloud based platform. This role will be part consulting and part sales. You will need to be able to question and probe stakeholders to uncover new opportunities as well as present solutions that demonstrate how Xero’s products solve a firm’s specific problems.
This role requires domestic travel. Up to 25% of your time will be spent in the field, meeting with prospective partners and attending conferences, as well as implementing and training on Xero’s Inventory software.
In addition, 10% of this role requires domestic travel for internal trainings and events.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, strong problem solving skills, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and experience in accounting practice operations.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate Xero Inventory Plus solutions in both pre & post-sales context to accountants and bookkeepers
- Work closely with external stakeholders ensuring deeper adoption of the Xero Inventory platform within an accounting practice
- Engage in regular face-to-face, virtual and phone meetings with the relevant internal and external stakeholders managing project priorities
- Assist partners with data conversions through detailed project planning and training guidance
- Handle partner technical questions and escalations
- Educate partners on all partner resources available
- Update CRM system with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Maintain and update CRM system of all practice staff and contact details
- Respond in a timely manner to all partner inquiries
- Manage the creation of resources (processes/videos) for frequently asked questions from partners
Success looks like
- Earning the trust of our accounting partners and assisting them on converting into and utilizing Xero Inventory Plus
- Presenting full go-to-market solutions for our accounting partners to use with their clients
- Managing multiple ongoing projects related to our accounting partners and internal resources
- Analyzing and recommending solutions for internal and/or client workflow efficiencies
- Nurturing relationships with our accounting partners through attending events and hosting customized workshops
What you’ll bring with you
- Critical competencies:
- Industry Expertise: Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its potential
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships and ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- Productivity: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Collaboration & teamwork: Ability to work cohesively with the partner sales team using Xero’s four pronged approach
- Expert presenter: Outstanding communication, planning and presentation skills
- Solution orientation: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- 3+ years of accounting, public accounting preferred
- Inventory specific experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- CPA certification a plus