Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
This role operates within our Partner Services organization and sits in the sales side of the business, working in the Enterprise Accounting and Bookkeeping channel. This channel is serviced through a series of Account Management teams that the Partner Consulting team directly supports.
Using your experience and knowledge in technology solution engineering, you’ll help lead and develop a team of highly skilled consultants to deliver technology solutions to Accounting and Bookkeeping firms in the enterprise space. Delivering technology solutions includes workflow consulting, workflow redesign and tech stack solution engineering along with subsequent implementation of solutions.
This role leads our Enterprise Partner Consulting team. It dotted line reports to the Head of Enterprise and sits on their leadership team, but will report directly into the Head of Partner Services, helping them to develop and execute on team strategy. You’ll work closely with the Head of Enterprise to formulate strategies and ensure partner consultants alignment with the regional sales strategies. You’ll work closely with other regional Partner Consulting Managers to formulate strategies to advance the team. This role will also require high cross-functional engagement with the Marketing, Education and Product teams to assist in executing on go-to-market strategies.
This is a remote opportunity but you must be willing to travel once we resume in person meetings.
What you’re responsible for
- Ensuring consultants are trained, equipped and supported to deliver insightful solutions
- Overseeing the successful implementation of solutions through assigned consultants
- Reporting on the inactive number of software applications and developing strategies to activate these applications to ensure our clients are receiving maximum value
- Implementing the team strategy, operations and scheduling of a team of Xero Partner Consultants
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the Enterprise Leadership team
- Lead the ENT Partner Consultants through regular 1:1’s and ENT Partner Consultant team meetings
- Onboard new starters into the team and helping them with successful completion of their training plans
- Coach and mentor the ENT Partner Consultants professional development at Xero
- Serve as the first point of contact handling ENT partner escalations, scheduling XPC team resources to best meet business objectives, and handling administrative tasks
- Develop process documents and ensure they are communicated out to other Partner Consultants and support any technical questions
- Routinely engage with the regional sales director to align priorities including strategic community planning, ensuring the XPC team impacts the highest revenue opportunities
- Share best practices with Regional Partner Consultant Managers
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams including Product, Education, Marketing, & Sales
- Support strategic development and deployment of technologies, tools, systems and processes to enable external and internal stakeholders to be as efficient and effective as possible
Success looks like
- Successfully onboarding new starters onto the ENT Partner Consulting team
- Assisting with driving Partner NPS to the US Goal of 65
- Achieving Partner Consulting team and sales targets for regional performance
- Engage in regular meetings with sales staff to agree sales and project priorities including strategic territory planning, ensuring Partner Services team impact in highest revenue opportunities
- Ensuring the partner consulting team effectively executes on business plan commitments
- Managing and executing team projects and processes for commercial success
- Highly effective cross-functional team collaboration and management of relationships with other teams, especially sales
- Engaging a high performing team to do their best work
- Contributing to the development of a world class implementation practice
- Self-starter attitude
- Energy, passion and determination to succeed
- Excellent ability to build external and internal relationships
- Sound decision making ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to take accountability
- Attention to detail and ability to follow-up
- Willingness to lead and manage a consulting team
- 3+ years experience in a SaaS consulting or solution engineering
- At least 1 year of leadership, supervisory, or management experience of a professional services and/or solutions implementation team
- A sound understanding of the Accounting and Finance industry
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $120,000 – $150,000 USD, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
In addition to base salary and long-term incentive, this position also has variable compensation/commission
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values – #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team – which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.