Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide with TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Intuit’s Finance team drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit’s operating efficiencies.
Come join the Finance Team as a part time Corporate Accountant. This is a long-term part-time role to assist with month end and quarter end close. Work schedule is 8 to 9 days each month – generally the last 6 business days of the month and the first 2 or 3 days of the following month. This is a deadline-driven role that requires full work days during the scheduled days.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience in accounting, purchasing, and/or accounts payable.
- Understanding of concepts of accrual accounting.
- Strong experience with automated accounts payable and purchasing systems – Oracle experience a plus.
- Strong experience with Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems.
- Strong customer service/support skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities during a compressed time-frame.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Gather, prepare, test, and maintain adequate documentation to support monthly accruals through the Service PO Accrual Process (SPOA).
- Apply judgment and correctly interpret GAAP accounting requirements to ensure accounting entries are properly recorded, substantiated, and communicated.
- Partner and communicate with Requestor and Financial Analyst communities to effectively prepare monthly accruals.
- Assist SPOA database manager with preparation and analyses of monthly accrual data.
- Identify and communicate Procurement and Accounts Payable processing errors for correction.
- Participate in cross training and coverage of other Corporate Accounting areas of responsibility. Maintain flexibility to assist in other areas during periods of peak activity.
- Continually assess and design desk procedures and process flows. Ensure that these work flows are designed to maximize internal controls and efficiency.