Saxum is an issues-obsessed agency delivering strategic campaigns and digital solutions for a changing world. We partner with businesses, brands, organizations and philanthropies who are dissatisfied with small ideas for their big challenges. We provide meaningful and measurable change because we are creative thinkers who love data.
Our clients are active in, contributing to, advancing and improving five important issues in America today: Criminal Justice Reform, Education, Placemaking, Infrastructure & Energy and Disruptive Ventures.
Our values are BOLD:
- Brave – We speak up, stand up and act when others stand still
- Original – We champion new ideas and embrace unique perspectives
- Lively – We love our work and celebrate our community
- Driven – We move with a constant sense of urgency
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make all of us who we are. We draw our strength from our collective experiences, fostering a culture of belonging and innovation.
Saxum offers professional and personal benefits, including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, generous PTO, IRA retirement plan, flex time, telecommuting days and other benefits. We’ve been named one of America’s fastest-growing businesses on the Inc. 5000 every year since 2012.
The Paid Media Manager (PMM) is responsible for managing all day-to-day national, regional, local omnichannel media services, processes and activities across our diverse client mix and cross-functional internal and external teams. The PMM will provide omnichannel media planning, buying, hands-on-keys delivery support (in conjunction with internal and external team members) and oversee all paid media reporting efforts. The PMM must be a digital-first expert with previous hands-on programmatic experience. As we scale, the PMM will be responsible for growing our paid media offerings, team and putting additional processes in place.
- Serve as key contact for all media services (digital, traditional, omnichannel)
- Build value for, demonstrate transparency for, and maximize every dollar spent on paid media for our clients
- Assist team with client communications around paid media knowledge, and recommendations to develop and deliver a clear strategic vision to each client
- Research, develop, execute and present media plans from inception to completion to internal stakeholders and to the client
- Plan, manage, and execute programmatic paid media campaigns, including but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, and management, as well as lead client request change processes
- Manage paid social campaigns and oversee external traditional media and search partners
- Oversee and execute optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including daily management of campaign budgets, bid management, brand safety, audience building and ad creative based on performance targets and client objectives.
- Oversee and execute media deliverables including campaign trackers, status reports, flowcharts, RFPs, I/Os, decks, etc. and inform interactive performance dashboards
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional ad ops team and SMEs (internal and external)
- Leverage all internal and external resources to deliver the best media output and outcome for our clients consistent with media and content briefing
- Partner with accounting and project managers on tracking budget and client billing/reconciliation process to ensure accuracy
- Continually seek an audience-focused, consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Partner with creative to deliver the best opportunities for impactful storytelling
- Direct activities of contributing media team members and partners working on the account and pull in strategic resources when needed
- Provide quality control (Ad QA, Reporting and Insights)
- Support and run ad traffic when not resourced
- Other responsibilities as assigned
We are looking for a candidate who prioritizes teamwork, has strong problem-solving skills and focuses on creating value for clients. Deep knowledge of digital and traditional media strategy is a must and deep experience in programmatic advertising is critical. Candidates must be committed to delivering results that drive clients’ business goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior agency experience
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Experience in programmatic platforms/DSPs and other AdTech, tag creation, management, trafficking and optimization.
- Past experience leading and contributing to omnichannel campaigns in multiple markets
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Use of appropriate 3rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations; Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources, deriving insights to guide campaign optimization
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Understanding of digital communication and measurement strategies
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of all digital media including programmatic, search, SEM, Mobile, etc.
- Conversational knowledge of traditional media
- 5+ years of agency, hands-on experience in digital marketing (programmatic, search, social), experience with omnichannel media planning and at least 2 years managing teams and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in data science, economics, finance, marketing, advertising, strategic communications or journalism preferred, but not required.
- Technical proficiency:
- Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Google Campaign Manager and related ad tools, The Trade Desk, StackAdapt
- Google Suite (Sheets and Slides)
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- DSP and Ad server Experience
- Preferred Certifications:
- Google Ads Certification
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- IAB Digital Ad Operations Certification
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- We’re seeking a strategic thinker who is energetic, positive, a team player, highly-motivated and creative. A commitment to hustle and lifelong learning, and a strong work ethic are critical. This person must work well in a fast-paced, team environment under demanding deadlines and have excellent time management skills. The person must be flexible/agile, a great listener and problem-solver, and place priority on DEI.