We are currently looking for a Medical Director of Clinical Experience to join the Clinical Support Team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. The position is responsible for asynchronous clinical support to patients, managing ancillary staff of the clinical support team, and collaborating with providers in multiple states.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE TEAM
- Collaborate with patient experience teams (patient care advocates and clinical operations coordinators) to address urgent clinical grievances pertaining to patient care while also:
- assessing quality of medical care delivered to patients by 1099 & W2 providers;
- ensuring evidence-based medical practices are upheld;
- follow up with 1099 providers as needed to review specific incidents/grievances and;
- report progress and/or concerns back to the Executive Clinical Leadership team with actionable insights and plans
- Reduce conflict and increase patient satisfaction whenever possible through timely response to patient phone calls, chats and tasks including:
- Re-route medications to pharmacies (including controlled substances) as needed
- Collaborate with Operations Manager, Clinical Experience to develop and implement workflows for ancillary staff
- Liaise with clinical and nonclinical stakeholders, as well as engage directly with consumer pharmacies to build, strengthen and solidify relationships to improve patient outcomes and delivery of care
- Partner with the Director of Compliance to ensure internal and external processes across the company meet or exceed state, federal and local guidelines
PATIENT CARE, ASYNCHRONOUS
- Assist in timely completion of clinical tasks for W2 and 1099 providers who are out of office, including:
- Address critical results or recommendations, such urgent lab, imaging, and/or specialist results or recommendations, with patients via chat or video visit
- Send medications on behalf of treating providers to pharmacies, including controlled substances, as needed
- Provide clinical expertise when necessary to perform clinical chart review for patients requesting asynchronous care via Circle Medical’s chat feature. Fulfill previously determined care plan (by W2 or 1099 PCPs) action items when consistent with standards of care, including referrals, lab/imaging orders, patient letters, and medical forms
- Address patients clinical concerns sent via chat and, if indicated, communicate with patient via video visit or phone call for urgent clinical issues
- Provide patient education regarding disease management, therapies, and healthful behaviors via chat
- Serve as a collaborating/supervising physician in accordance with respective state regulations for 1099 advanced practice providers in states which you hold active licenses and DEA registrations (minimum 2-3 APPs per state); includes chart review and clinical guidance
- Hold clinical office hours (1-2 hrs per week) to educate and inform other Circle Medical 1099 providers, who may bring specific clinical questions regarding standards of care and/or Circle Medical evidence-based medicine (EBM) guidelines.
- Communicate appropriately and tactfully with team members, consultants, patients, and community.
- Participate in staff planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Workspace
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Board certified in Internal or Family Medicine
- Completed an accredited Internal or Family Medicine residency program
- Minimum of 1 year managing a team of providers
- Experience with hybrid primary care practice, and program design
- Minimum of 4-5 years of primary care experience
- Minimum of 10 state licenses in open service areas, and willingness to obtain and maintain additional licenses with the support of our Circle Medical Credentials Team
- For reference, here are the top 17 states in descending order:
- CA, FL, TX, NY, NJ, VA, PA, WA, IL, AZ, TN, OR, CO, MD, MA, NV, DC
- Willingness to learn how to diagnose and treat a variety of adult/primary care conditions
- Telemedicine/remote clinical experience preferred
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC-funded companies
- Active licenses in CA, FL, NY, TX; willingness to obtain licenses for all states Circle Medical provides service
- Active CA, FL, NY, and TX DEA certified with all schedules and in good standing; eligible to obtain additional DEAs for all service areas
- Experience collaborating across multiple states and understanding state regulations
- Full availability for state collaborations
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $162,500 to $195,000 USD plus, generous vacation, with full medical and dental benefits, and 401K with company matching.