Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an ambitious, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented Outbound Sales Development Representative to join our team and make a big impact.
As an Outbound SDR at Muck Rack, you will work closely with our sales team to generate opportunities through outbound outreach. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced sales environment where you’ll be the first “face” of Muck Rack to prospective customers, representing our team, culture, and brand.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect leads via email and phone to schedule meetings in order to meet and exceed an established quota
- Manage and overcome objections from potential buyers
- Establish efficient systems to reach out to companies in a creative way
- Track PR industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Organize and assign leads through Muck Rack’s CRM , while maintaining accurate records, activities, and reports
- Propose creative ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools
- Perform A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to gather data for sales enablement
How success will be measured in this role:
- Open/reply rates on emails
- Meetings Booked
- Qualified Meetings Held
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- At least 1 year of experience working in SaaS as a sales development representative OR 1 year of professional experience in a PR role
- Sales-oriented mindset, innate curiosity and a love for building relationships with new people
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to write creative, personalized emails to prospects and to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- Strong phone presence, with a natural ability to connect and engage with potential customers and develop rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly accountable and self-motivated with a growth mindset that keeps you open to feedback and coaching
- A proven track record with learning new tools and technologies quickly—we use Google Apps, Hubspot, Slack, Chili Piper and LeadIQ
- Must be willing to work East Coast hours
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for the Outbound Sales Development Representative role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 45-minute zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A written take-home assignment (1 hour max)
- Panel interview with several members of our team
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is $53,000, with $68,000+ in OTE. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.