Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, implement, and manage the on-premises data center network infrastructure for Chess.com.
- Design scalable switch and route strategies catering to both in-house and external tasks
- Spearhead the main network, optimizing connectivity between data centers and ensuring seamless direct cloud connections
- Establish and uphold robust VxLAN – EVPN data center design, encompassing border leaf setups
- Innovate with automation tools using YANG and NETCONF/RESTCONF, achieving uniformity in network deployments and setups
- Collaborate with the DevEx and Cloud teams, enhancing product development
- Engage in the on-call schedule, acting as the go-to contact for the network infrastructure
- Solid background (5+ years) in network engineering and tangible network tech
- IP routing protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, IS-IS, OSPF)
- Proficiency with redundancy protocols including HSRP/VRRP/ECMP
- Hands-on experience with firewalls/ACL/encryption/VPN technologies such as PaloAlto, FortiGate, and Juniper SRX
- Command of Ethernet Switching and Routing methodologies [Spanning Tree, Access Control, QoS and PBR, VXLAN and EVPN datacenter networking, Link Aggregation Technologies (LACP, MC-LAG, MLAG, vPC)]
- Proven capability in automating network devices using tools or languages like Puppet, Python, or GO
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)