The Movement, Issue and Charitable Organizations (MICO) team is expanding within ActBlue in order to meet the unique opportunities we have within the progressive space. This position will work with the leadership team to help build the department and meet the needs of our plans. Leadership and staff management skills are critical to build out a multi-faceted program facing issues, movements and charities in a short time frame.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Direct a large-scale program aimed at relationship-building in order to increase the usage of ActBlue and impact programs strategically in the non-profit space;
- Develop, implement, and improve upon strategies to continue to increase the effectiveness of our non-electoral program;
- Build and manage a team at various levels including ongoing professional development;
- Build skills for the team, so they can continue to be a strategic value add for programs of all sizes;
- Serve as a primary point of contact for non-profit counterparts at national organizations; serve as a lead generator and connector for staff to more established, high-level organizations;
- Determine account management paths for movements, coalitions and networks (non-singular organizational efforts), including possible owning a small portfolio of high-priority accounts;
- Work with leaders across departments to collaborate on ways for the team to grow account management programs and staff skill sets;
- Identify and drive opportunities to partner with other organizations to help achieve ActBlue’s mission and expand into nonprofits;
- Work in partnership with the Democratic Politics and Elections (DPE) Director, Training Director, and to coordinate programs’ resource needs;
- Partner with the DPE Director to innovate and brainstorms ways to improve work as well as communicate relevant information between teams;
- Serve as a spokesperson and trainer for ActBlue at high-visibility, high-level meetings and events.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required;
- Travel as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 10 years of programmatic experience in advocacy campaigns or organizations;
- At least 8 years of experience managing a mid- to large-size team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of movement, issue advocacy, and charitable organizations;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining high-level relationships;
- Experience writing, benchmarking, and implementing issue campaigns and/or program plans at an organizational level;
- Public speaking experience in small and large rooms;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience managing professional development programs for staff;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Managed or worked closely with fundraising and digital programs.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Salary Range Details:
Salary Range: $144,000 – $180,000