About the opportunity
The Homeward Mortgage Team is responsible for conducting the financial review and approval of every customer that works with Homeward. We’re focused on bringing financial innovations to life and delivering a seamlessly integrated mortgage experience. We are the newest team at Homeward and are looking for subject matter experts and business people with an entrepreneur’s mindset and ability to get stuff done.
As part of the team, you’ll be ensuring that we work with high-qualified customers meeting Homeward’s eligibility criteria. Your role is to support the optimization of our mortgage underwriting policies and procedures to ensure we originate high-quality loans that conform to investor and internal requirements. This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Note: This role will require weekend availability and flexibility to work until 8:00pm CDT.
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwriting agency conforming and jumbo residential mortgage loans
- Contributing to the ground-up build out of our mortgage origination process
- Collaborating with internal teams to creatively solution for challenging underwriting scenarios
- Reviewing escalation and exception requests
- Shaping Homeward’s transaction eligibility requirements and related underwriting processes
- 3+ years of experience underwriting FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and Non-Conforming (Jumbo) mortgages, wholesale underwriting experience a plus
- FHA and VA designations also a plus
- Expert knowledge of Desktop Underwriter (DU) and purchase mortgage underwriting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high production environment
- The drive to build something new