Backend Engineers at Trellis work directly with our product team to lead the development of user-facing APIs and backend services. As a Backend Engineer, you will get to work on organizing, transforming and serving large data sets in a high speed/high volume environment.
Backend Engineers are also responsible for creating APIs and services that help get customer facing products built.
● At least 4 years of experience with Backend or Data Engineering.
● Python proficiency and working knowledge of Django, AWS and Linux are a must.
● Strong understanding of Architecture, API Development, AI, Big Data and Web performance optimization.
● Detail-oriented and can translate product and data requirements into a working application.
● Familiarity with Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres is a plus.
● BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent technical work experience.
● Take ownership of backend stack and develop great products you are proud to highlight.
● Work with and lead other Engineers on multiple projects and products
● Work with existing large scale data sets to build backend services.
● Organize data and optimize speed of application performance
● Collaborate with data and other backend engineers on large scale data projects.
● Collaborate with product to understand and implement new features.
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
● 401k retirement plan.
● Work from anywhere.
● Flexible vacation policy.
● Work with happy, positive people!