Recently named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and AdAge’s A-List Awards Social Media/Influencer Agency of the Year, Whalar is a global creator commerce company that enables creators, brands, and the world’s leading social platforms to work better together to drive business growth for all.
We help brands stay culturally relevant through strategic creator relationships that deliver entertaining and must-see content at scale. We are differentiated by our unique capabilities, including comprehensive creator talent management, brand partnership expertise, proprietary technology, and a dedicated Web3 innovation practice. Our team includes over 300 diverse storytellers, creatives, data, and technology specialists across North America, Europe, APAC, and MENA.
We power the Creator Economy. We are Whalar.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ideal candidate is accountable, organized, deadline-driven, and a proactive analytical thinker who will help take our work to the next level. Reporting to the President of Measurement and Analytics, the Measurement Data Engineer will be the lead in consolidating, standardizing, and automating measurement reporting for internal and external stakeholders. This will manifest through data pipeline creation, management, and visualization.
Here’s what you’ll do on the day-to-day:
- Streamline disparate data sources for reporting and analysis
- Create data visualizations and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders
- Standardize and automate data exports globally
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilising various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean and transform data
- Coordinate with DevOps and data engineers to build data environments providing data identified by product or engineering teams
- Analyse issues with data and determine root causes.
- Proactively suggest, research and prototype new data ideas.
- Work closely with the greater analytics team to ensure the ongoing evolution and improvement of reporting outputs
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- BS Telecommunications/Software Engineer/Mathematics or related technical degrees.
- 4+ years of work experience in data analytics, software development, ETL automation
- Strong hands on experience with SQL, Python, AWS infrastructure
- Advanced in SQL, capable of getting the data required from the appropriate sources, and building data pipelines if needed
- Good mathematics skills
- Capable of explaining complex concepts to peers and stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge with Data Visualization Tools (matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js, Tableau, Any other BI tools like Looker, Amplitude)
- Working with data pipelines (Airflow, dbt) or Big Data technologies (Spark)
The salary range for this role is$110,000 – $140,000 and serves as a general guideline reflecting the potential compensation for the role. The final salary offer will be determined based on a comprehensive evaluation of factors such as the candidate’s experience, expertise, alignment with the position’s requirements, and ultimately budget approvals.