OpenSea is seeking a talented, passionate Marketing Manager to oversee the go-to-market flighting of key OpenSea campaigns and initiatives, specifically those focused on drops. Deeply collaborative, creative and strategic, this role will partner closely with OpenSea’s Business Development team to define the ways by which we bring key collaborative projects to market. This role also works closely with cross-functional partners throughout Communications, Product, and Community teams in order to maximize the impact of projects dropping on OpenSea. The person in this role will serve as creative director across key partner launches and partner growth/acquisition programs. In addition to serving as the Marketing team’s lead for drops campaigns, the Marketing Manager will collaborate with internal partners to build brand initiatives that shape perception of OpenSea as well as of the NFT ecosystem as a whole.
- Build, execute and oversee creatively stellar go-to-market strategies for drops, business-critical partnerships that launch dynamic NFT projects via the OpenSea platform
- Maximize the impact of marketing campaigns via close collaboration with external drops partners while serving as the public-facing representative of OpenSea’s Marketing team
- Collaborate with key internal partners to define/refine OpenSea’s overarching brand identity which will be leveraged in order to deliver dynamic brand activations and campaigns
- Actively manage marketing programs that use OpenSea and partner brand assets, content, and channels; identify new opportunities to amplify and grow partnerships with themed campaigns, creative product marketing, and co-marketing w talent agencies or studios
- Take a hands on role the creation of strategy and creative content that supports key drops and brand campaigns; in tandem manage and guide a stable of internal and external strategy and production resources as needed
- Develop a campaign reporting system and pivot future executions based on data-backed learnings
- Proven experience developing and deploying creative marketing campaigns for a consumer company
- In-house experience – ideally in a high-growth startup environment
- A stellar creative eye; the person in this role will be the creative director of every campaign and initiative they oversee. A love of building stellar marketing creative is critical to the role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, editing skills, and experience presenting and defending plans to senior leaders
- Excellent at communicating up, across, and within the team with clarity and purpose
- Firm grasp on full suite of marketing levers, especially social media platforms, web3 event opportunities, and growth platforms
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- A prior interest in and understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and/or NFT technology
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities; exhibits flexibility, resilience, and grace under pressure
- Low ego, high impact, team player. We’re in it together at OpenSea!
- Exceptional leader and coach with prior people management experience
- Graphic and/or motion design skills (not expecting candidates to have parallel careers as designers, but the ability to build simple assets is a big plus!)
- Event production experience
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $135,000 to $210,000 plus benefits & equity.