The demand for home renovations has never been stronger, yet, it’s surprisingly difficult for a new homeowner to renovate. It can take a decade to build up enough home equity and savings to pay for a major renovation. As a result, recent homeowners do a lot of financially-suboptimal things to compensate like borrow from their 401k, rack up credit card debt, and use high-interest personal loans. Or they just live unhappily for years in a home that doesn’t meet their family’s needs.
But by completing a major renovation, homeowners are increasing the value of their home. Professional real estate investors leverage this After Renovation Value (ARV) to roll the increase in value into new properties all the time. But there hasn’t been a great way for homeowners to take advantage of this. If homeowners had an ability to borrow against the ARV, they could increase their borrowing power up to 10x.
To meet this need, RenoFi created a platform that enables homeowners to borrow funds from RenoFi approved lenders in the form of the first home equity loan purpose-built for renovations! Unlike standard home equity loans, RenoFi Loans use the value of your home post-renovation which lets you borrow the most money at the best possible terms. RenoFi is creating a full suite of renovation loan products to better suit the needs of today’s homeowners!
For homeowners, RenoFi makes it possible to renovate years earlier than might be otherwise feasible. For contractors, we empower the financing of renovations at the point of sale, reducing instances of scope reduction, and ensuring prompt payment. Our lender partners, most often credit unions, rely on RenoFi’s platform to generate loans, create efficiencies, and grow membership. The lenders pay RenoFi for the new loans, which allows us to offer our services to homeowners for free. RenoFi is truly a win-win-win for everyone involved.
RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including Canaan Partners, First Round Capital, and Comcast Ventures.
The marketing team is growing and looking for an experienced Social Media manager to join the team. The Social Manager will take over paid social media channels and help us establish an even bigger foothold in the renovation financing space.
The role will focus on building out a playbook, creating campaigns, testing and analyzing the results. The ideal candidate will combine their experience and creativity to bring new energy and vision to the current program, pushing it towards growth and higher achievement. We’re a young and growing company, so we are looking for a dynamic manager to bring a ton of ideas to the table to vet, test and improve on.
The Social Media Manager will have an excellent understanding of the RenoFi homeowner and how to best target them on both established and emerging social media platforms. This role will partner with the PR, marketing and content teams to build the brand, increase awareness and education in our space.
The experienced candidate has most of the following skills:
- Experience working in a social media marketing role for an agency or other brand
- Lead social strategy and drive meaningful growth for our brand and our business while partnering with other teams to develop overarching campaigns and content
- A/B testing, tracking, and strategies, including test ad copy, landing pages, visual assets, audience targeting, and other variables to improve performance
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Creative, imaginative and able to develop ideas quickly – as well as execute them
- Encourage engagement across all organic social channels by working with the head of content to create a calendar of content, interacting with followers and understanding the brand to be able to communicate clearly
- Develop social metrics reporting, analyze results and communicate to the rest of the team. Continuously iterating on ideas to strengthen performance
- Establish social media guidelines for all channels, including all internal and external teams/partners
- Own the relationships with the vendors, supporting agencies and strategic partners
- Develop and deploy contests or sweepstakes to grow followers and awareness
You will also need to possess these non-negotiable skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Relationship builder
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to drive as well as manage change
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects / campaigns at a time
- Track record in testing and data-driven decision making
- Experience in FinTech or finance services industries
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!