A world where all software is reliable? That’s one heck of a lofty vision. To support that vision and help FireHydrant grow, we’re building a different kind of marketing team – one made up of people who operate from a place of deep empathy and generosity when engaging with our audience. After all, we’re not just marketing to personas. We’re talking to real life people who are tasked with a big job: keeping their company’s applications and infrastructure resilient, safe, and dependable. Our external-facing work will be rooted in sharing interesting stories and useful tools and advice, connecting people in a way that helps them learn and feel supported, and always leads with real value.
We’re looking for a creative and process-oriented marketing generalist to help us grow and support the engineering community through value-driven content, internal and external events, digital marketing, and social media. You’ll love this role if you’re ready to immerse yourself in the pains and possibilities that affect and motivate engineers and show them that they’re not alone, that we get it. The ideal candidate has powerhouse writing skills, has never met a process they can’t simplify, enjoys working across teams, and has an eagle eye for detail.
The work you’ll do
- Partner with the Director of Content & Community to increase awareness of FireHydrant through engaging content and value-driven community programs
- Interview subject matter experts (both internal and external) about the challenges facing our customers, then bring those stories to life through short- and long-form content on channels including our website, blog, and social media accounts
- Work with product, growth, sales, and agency partners to create content that drives traffic to our site and engages visitors once they get there, including emails, landing pages, scripts, customer stories, newsletters, and more
- Develop and execute cohesive multi-channel marketing programs that drive engagement with and preference for our brand
- Help build a growing marketing function by keeping an eye toward operational excellence and a bias for over communicating up, down, and out
- Identify new opportunities to reach our target audience by keeping your finger on the pulse of what engineers are thinking about incident management
What we’re looking for
- Broad marketing experience that encompasses content marketing, social media, internal and external events, digital marketing — we’re really looking for a melting pot of a marketer.
- Experience as a storyteller and brand builder with proven results delivering value to your communities and audiences.
- The openness and flexibility to take on a variety of tasks related to brand and community-building. We’re a small team and we love collaboration, so get ready to give your opinion.
- There will be tons of room for creativity. We’re just laying foundations for our programs, so we want big ideas, enthusiasm, and a team-first attitude.
- Working knowledge of the DevOps, cloud infrastructure, developer tooling, or security markets is a plus. You don’t have to be an expert, but we’d like you to have a foundation.
What you will accomplish
In one month you’ll
- Learn the space — gain a deep understanding of the challenges our customers face and how our product helps them
- Get to know the internal stakeholders you’ll be working with and establish yourself as their go-to partner when it comes to content and community
- Dive into content production — especially writing — headfirst; content sits at the heart of our marketing department, and we have plenty of stories to tell
- Ramp up and prepare to own our social media presence
In three months, you’ll:
- Have a deep understanding of our community, including the places and people who are living the challenges we’re taking on
- Own our social media and events presences and launch campaigns that will engage audiences in both areas
- Write at least a blog post per week, have ideas to fill an editorial calendar, and work toward publishing your first ebook, white paper, or other milestone resource
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $130,000.