• 3+ years experience designing high-quality creative concepts and comfortable working in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
• 1+ years experience of web design experience
• Background in designing brand marketing assets and creating social content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Experience designing landing pages and other marketing-focused web pages
• Experience with creating data visualizations, infographics, and presentations
• Strong understanding of file types, codecs, and compression
• The ability to work independently and move quickly while managing multiple projects
• The ability to learn new design tools quickly as needed
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find ways to execute on ideas with limited resources or design constraints
• 1+ years experience with motion graphics and is comfortable working in After Effects
• Experience designing for a consumer tech brand
About the job
After growing revenue 112% in 2020 despite the pandemic, we’ve been accelerating growth in 2021. In fact, we’ve already surpassed our pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%. Brand marketing is going to be one of the biggest levers for that growth, so we’re looking for a world-class Marketing Designer who can design and produce social content and visual assets that resonate with our customers and entice new potential customers.
As a Marketing Designer, you’ll be part of the Marketing Communications team. You’ll be tasked with and launching new social concepts, collaborating with various teams to figure out which value propositions are resonating, and play a central role in Hopper’s overall marketing strategy.
This role is critical in driving the visual identity of Hopper and upholding brand consistency across multiple marketing communication channels. In this fast-paced environment and versatile role, you’ll work on a variety of visual assets such as data visualizations, social media campaigns, and landing pages.
- Conceptualize and execute the design and creation of social assets for our millions of social media followers
- Design new original creative that highlights our unique value propositions and brand
- Support the design and creation of digital marketing campaigns, landing pages, emails, and other marketing-related materials
- Distill complex presentations, graphs, and charts into stunning visuals that represent our brandHelp drive our creative strategy on Hopper’s marketing as a whole
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings. Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
– Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
– Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
– Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
– The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
– Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
– Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!