The Marketing and Communications Manager is an experienced and hands-on communications professional with a diverse communications skillset who will provide strategic and creative leadership in order to advance our mission. Our Great Minds team is expanding, and an ideal candidate is someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, can work in a fast-paced environment and has excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. The most qualified candidate will demonstrate a commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives; possess deep knowledge of print, internet, digital, and social media communications.
In this role, you will:
- Drive and implement communications strategy and planning, including social media, advertising, marketing, and collateral
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all content creation
- Lead all social media and marketing efforts in collaboration with the school leadership and admission team
- Manage day-to-day operations of social media, blog, and website platforms
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of our student, family, and teacher data in customer relationship management (CRM) software, such as HubSpot, in collaboration with the Desktop Engineer
Strategy and Planning
- Create annual communications strategy and plans, including detailed quarterly initiatives to ensure alignment with the student enrollment cycle across channels
- Create strategic plans that include marketing and communications to meet student recruitment, development, hiring, brand recognition, and internal/external goals.
- Create content calendar
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to advance marketing and communication efforts as well as track performance
- Develop student enrollment funnel and campaign/content
- Maintain understanding of current ongoing research and thought leadership within the education field
- Compile a marketing plan that contains a collection of market data, an “Ideal Parent Persona” and “Journey” based on said data, and recommend customized ad themes
- Conduct and analyze market research on competing schools
- Lead the development of all web content
- Collaborate with graphic designers and copy editors to develop collateral, such as admission brochures, recruitment flyers, video scripts, flip books, etc.
- Co-write and/or copy edit Head of GM Virtual parent letters, newsletters, and ongoing school communications
- Lead development and vision for blog post strategy and calendarization
- Create a comprehensive strategy for communicating with prospective and current families through social media
- Thought leadership in collaboration with communications consultant
- Determine PR opportunities in collaboration with leadership and critical stakeholders
Social Media and Marketing
- Create direction and vision of marketing campaigns, including social media, marketing, advertising, and blogpost strategies to ensure cohesion between platforms
- Collaborate with the team to create necessary content and source images, including written and video content
- Write and edit final content
- Build, deploy, track, and analyze data from email, social media, and other marketing campaign efforts
- Maintain social media calendar and publishing, monitor, analyze and report trends and findings
- Create and launch advertising campaigns containing videos, graphics, and PDFs. Evaluate effectiveness and recommend/create new advertising campaigns as needed, approx. one new advertising campaign each month
- Create and launch isolated web pages so that prospective families may be directed to the web pages when they click on certain advertisements
- Create and provide a detailed weekly performance results report of marketing campaigns
- Oversee advertising campaigns directly on all social media tools and create at least one social media campaign containing 40 advertisement variations per quarter
Manage the advertising budget that will be paid to social media platforms
- Respond to inbound inquiries that come through online forms, qualify the inquirer, and work with the Executive Assistant to schedule admission interviews
- Support all event registration through form creation, automated email reminders and follow-up, etc.
- Support student recruitment efforts as needed
Website Development and Maintenance
- Short-Term Website Development
- Write copy for, build, and maintain interim website as needed including individual landing pages, navigation, forms, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure cohesive design
- Optimize SEO
- Long-Term Website Development
- Collaborate with stakeholders on website development
- Write copy for all pages
- Identify and optimize user flow/journey and UX in consultation with leadership
- Review content as new website is being developed to ensure brand consistency
- Long-Term Website Maintenance
- Write copy for, build, and maintain website as needed including individual landing pages, navigation, forms, etc., using templates provided by website development partner
- Set up, track, and analyze user behavior and conversions of website, social media, and Google data and report on key metrics
- Support staff with training as needed
Customer Relationship Management
- Upload and download contacts as necessary from student registration system into CRM platform and ensure data integrity
- Set up and maintain software integrations as needed
- Identify and set up tracking for marketing contacts by creating custom properties and segmenting audiences accordingly
- Build marketing and “sales” funnel that reflects overall goals
- Create pipeline and deal stages for enrollment tracking
- Set up and maintain integration with Zoom, Zapier, social accounts, etc.
- Ensure contact database is clean and all communications are compliant with canned spam laws, email rules and regulations, etc.
- Create and maintain workflows for events, communications, admission processes, and data hygiene
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ work experience in marketing, brand management, and communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and communications, or related field
- Proven success and experience with website management and publication of printed materials
- Strong writing, editing, designing, and communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Experience using HubSpot, WordPress, Zapier
- Expert in social media and marketing best-practices
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to self-direct, triage and prioritize issues
- Well organized and highly skilled in analytical problem solving
- Ability to work remotely and through video conferencing in a professional home office environment
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an online organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to meet a variety of stakeholders’ needs
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Creative, self-starter with a positive outlook and attitude
TRAVEL: This position may travel domestically approximately 5% of the time, to participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year).
- This position is remote
- Excellent benefits package
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this role.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $75,000.00 – $80,000.00. Th