There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Key member of the Market Regulation Department (MRD) of Coinbase Derivatives Exchange (CDE) responsible for reviewing potential/ alleged violations of CDE’s rulebook and applicable CFTC regulations. Works closely with the CDE’s Chief Regulatory Officer and members of MRD to impartially enforce CDE’s rules by monitoring trade activity of CDE participants, analyzing alerts generated by CDE’s trade surveillance system, and initiating investigations for potential market disruptions and trading violations.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Investigate trade practice violations, such as spoofing, wash sales, money pass activity, front running, fraud and deceptive practices, disruptive trading activity, and record keeping matters on Coinbase Derivatives Exchange (CDE) to ensure participants are compliant with CDE’s rulebook and applicable CFTC regulations
- Work closely with CDE trade surveillance personnel to identify violations that require heightened review
- Escalate to CRO, CDE Board, and CDE ROC, in accordance with CDE rules and procedures
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years experience in providing market and trade surveillance support for CFTC-registered entities
- Sound understanding of market fundamentals, trading practices, investigative and surveillance techniques, and futures trading practice rules
- Strong analytical skills to document observations and findings in written memoranda and reports, and engage in written requests for information from internal stakeholders of all levels including various regulators
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments with cross functional stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with CFTC, NFA, and FCMs
- Futures trading experience
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $113,900 to $134,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).