This is a senior role providing comprehensive editorial oversight of our F1 and Motorsports coverage, using data analytics to optimize performance, and partnering with stakeholders across the editorial organization and business teams on a range of initiatives.
- Manage a staff of reporters and editor(s) with an emphasis on the delivery of news and distinct driver, race and business analysis.
- Assist with big-picture, conceptual vision for the vertical, including long-term direction; generating and planning story ideas; editorial platforms; expansion opportunities.
- Provide process and priorities to balance content assignments ranging from short-form and breaking news to daily coverage to long-form projects.
- Work to bring a distinctive, compelling, and authentic voice to all digital media products.
- Maintain an understanding and proficiency of subscription and engagement metrics.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge for SEO (best practices available).
- Develop comprehensive multimedia coverage and contacts that include text and audio.
- Coordinate staffing assignments, editorial resources and process. Maintain an updated and accurate forward-looking editorial budget.
- Collaborate with staff on story ideas, and with design on best execution for stories with a clear visual element.
- Edit and publish stories via WordPress.
- Manage the vertical’s financial budget, including projecting month-to-month expenditures and managing travel.
- 10+ years of experience in digital sports journalism at a management level.
- Advanced ability to generate story ideas that result in solid sub-growth and engagement. Works well with writers on strengthening ideas. Strong sense of how to take a single idea and develop it into a broader package.
- Advanced understanding of the following editing tasks: copy editing, story structure, recognizing problematic sentences, style guidelines. Ability to add context to stories, edit in the writer’s voice, ensure fairness, provide story structure.
- Expert ability to mentor writers and more inexperienced editors.
- High-end knowledge of F1 and familiarity with other competitive Motor Sports including NASCAR and IndyCar.
- This is a remote-based position is based in the United Kingdom, United States or Canada.
The annual base salary range for this role is $64,000.00 – $130,000.00 USD.