As a Managing Director, Capital Markets, you will be responsible for sourcing deals from institutional-quality CRE developers, owners, operators (collectively “sponsors”) within the western region for our Marketplace. You will bring your extensive relationships with sponsors, coupled with your expert knowledge of CRE capital markets and an insatiable hunger for success to build and manage a large pipeline of opportunities. As a deal maker, a proven track record is essential because success in this role equates to closing several deals per month. You will work closely with your colleagues on the CrowdStreet Investments Team to screen new sponsors, their deals, and investment structures to uphold the high standards of our Marketplace.
By leveraging your established reputation and relationships as a trusted CRE capital advisor, you will create new, repeat, and programmatic relationships with sponsors for CrowdStreet. You will teach prospective sponsors about online fundraising/syndication under SEC guidelines and why the CrowdStreet Marketplace is the future of CRE investing. You will acquire new sponsor customers by compelling them to try online fundraising/syndication for the first time, as an additional channel of capital and then establish CrowdStreet as a strategic partner and reliable source of equity for their future deal flow.
To support your success, you will be partnered with a Capital Markets Associate for your region, whose primary responsibilities include making outbound calls, scheduling meetings, identifying and qualifying new opportunities, and generally supporting the growth of your business.
This position is based in the U.S. and reports to our VP of Business Development.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Originate debt and equity offerings (private placements) from institutional-quality CRE owners, operators, and developers
- Develop and maintain sponsor relationships throughout the western region
- Lead your assigned Capital Markets Associate by example to generate ample activity required to build and manage a large pipeline of opportunities. Close several deals per month
- Identify and engage the top Ideal Sponsor Profiles in your region.
- Educate and advise sponsors about the benefits of online syndication as a superior source of equity financing for property development, acquisition, and recapitalization.
- Pre-screen sponsors, properties, and investment structures before formal submission to Investment Committee
- Coordinate with IC teammates to negotiate agreements and term sheets with sponsors for their offerings.
- Acquire new sponsor partners for their first online syndication via CrowdStreet, then build upon that experience to create long-term and programmatic relationships.
- Once a project proposal is signed, contribute to the success of your customer’s online capital raise by supporting your teammates in operations and customer success.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of a project during the management phase by supporting the asset performance team with sponsor reporting compliance
- Stay in continuous communication with your sponsor customers and originate additional debt and equity offering opportunities over time.
The experience that will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of private equity real estate, CRE investment sales, and/or capital markets investment banking experience.
- Exceptional investment real estate evaluation, underwriting, and assessment skills
- Deep, meaningful and proven relationships with CRE sponsors and brokers in the western region
- Verifiable track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota goals
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Business or related field. MBA with an emphasis in real estate preferred, but not required.
The competencies you’ll need:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and pipeline management
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- High level of ethics and integrity
- A collegial, team-player mentality who enjoys working in a cross-functional organization to meet shared company OKRs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an insatiable desire to succeed.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful