Handshake is looking to bring on a Trust and Safety Manager to lead our team of Trust and Safety Specialists. You’ll lead, mentor, and support the team and their growth and development while also supporting key initiatives both within the organization and within the team. You’ll play a key role in building scalable policies and processes while nurturing a fun, collaborative, inclusive culture. You’ll report to the Director of Trust and Safety, while also working closely with partners in Support Leadership, Product, and Engineering teams to improve operations, efficiency and quality; reduce volume and first response times; and contribute to an overall seamless user experience.
While the primary focus will be on supporting your team of Trust and Safety Specialists, you will also help research and create enforceable policies to ensure the safety and well being of our community. You’ll have the ability to help inform and shape our Trust and Safety vision to ensure we’re contributing to our mission and challenging ourselves to provide a best-in-class Trust and Safety experience.
- Assist in hiring, training, motivating, coaching, and empowering a hardworking, diverse team of Trust and Safety Specialists
- Assisting the team doing risk assessments and investigations
- Develop scalable policies and work with Training and/or ICs to operationalize those policies
- Drive OKRs and metrics at the team-level
- Advocate for tooling needs and improvements to ensure operational efficiency
- Contribute to training, onboarding, and enablement programs
- Influence the direction of Handshake by partnering with the Director of Trust and Safety on managing and participating in cross-functional projects with Support Leadership, Product, Engineering, and Finance/BizOps
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Support, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, & other internal teams
- Maintain morale and high performance culture we have on the team
- In-depth experience in Trust and Safety (Fraud, Risk, User Safety, Content Moderation or similar)
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors in the Trust and Safety space
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Experience working in fraud, content moderation, or user safety.
- Ability to scope, research, draft, and launch scalable policies.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support
- Experience with Support/Tech Tools: Previous experience using Zendesk, Jira or other SaaS support tools–preferably well-versed. Technical background is a plus!
- Travel: Willingness to potentially travel to SF and/or Denver to collaborate with Support, Finance/BizOps, Employer Premium Partnerships, Success, Product, and Engineering teams
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience or comfort working in a high-growth environment
- Experience working in the educational and/or recruiting industries
- Knowledge of Fraud prevention/detection tools
- Experience using Zendesk
- and Looker or Mode
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Sift Science
- $99,979 – $130,300