Overview: The Manager, Technical Support is a pivotal role focused on overseeing critical operational processes, enabling seamless customer onboarding, and optimizing user experiences with Alteryx products. This role encompasses leadership of a team of Customer Support Engineers, serving as the front line for customer queries and issues. The Support Manager acts as the primary escalation point between Alteryx customers and internal departments including Development, Sales, and Services. Moreover, the manager spearheads continuous process enhancement strategies and initiatives, elevating the overall customer experience (CX).
- Manage a team of support engineers, both local and remote, with designated product solution expertise. Ensure consistent application of case management best practices.
- Identify individual and team training needs, partnering with relevant stakeholders to facilitate training and development opportunities.
- Foster effective communication through regular one-on-one meetings (weekly) and strategic sessions with cross-functional groups or individuals, as required.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex customer problems and follow through to resolution.
- Uphold the standard of customer service excellence, ensuring adherence to guaranteed response times (SLA) by actively monitoring support case queues and managing phone call volumes. Ensure that all requests receive timely and comprehensive resolutions.
- Act as a liaison, when necessary, between Alteryx customers, Escalations team, Product &Engineering or Sales to ensure swift problem resolution.
- Ensure uninterrupted 24/7 support coverage across all channels.
- Encourage development of a comprehensive knowledge base for technical support issues and solutions.
- Serve as a catalyst for change, inspiring a shared vision and promoting core values.
- Experience: 5+ years in support leadership roles, managing both local and remote teams. Experience with data analytics, intelligent swarming, server administration, cloud products is a plus.
- Performance Management: Proven ability to hold teams accountable for performance outcomes.
- Metrics-Driven: Proficiency in analyzing scorecard metrics and customer feedback to identify areas for support process and product quality improvements.
- Business Acumen: Strong understanding of business operations and drivers.
- Workload Management: Ability to review workload requirements and implement workload distribution strategies to meet issue volumes.
- On-Call Support: Capability to serve as manager on-duty for after-hours on-call support (rotation).
- Escalation Management: Ensure that problems and cases are escalated promptly to the appropriate personnel or service areas for follow-up, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent work experience).
Alteryx is committed to fair, equitable, and transparent compensation. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as your relevant work experience, education, certifications, skills, and geographic location.
- The salary range for this role in Southern California, Colorado, Washington, and Rhode Island is $103,300-$139,400.
- The salary range for this role in New York City and Northern California is $112,600-$152,000.