Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1B from investors in all 50 states and has recently been awarded by Top Workplaces USA 2023, as well as the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces 2022 and 2023! Previous awards also include: being honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies, as well as, recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re looking for a Tax Compliance Manager. A successful candidate will have exceptional analytical capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently. Positive, team-oriented attitude required. The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Monitor REIT compliance requirements, including review of periodic asset and income testing and preparation of annual audit documentation
- Prepare Earnings and Profits computations, including monitoring of REIT distribution requirements
- Manage tax return compliance process, including preparing certain tax workpapers, gathering all necessary supporting documents to support current year tax return, and performing a detailed technical review of the federal and state income tax returns
- Manage income tax accounting processes, including preparation and/or review of domestic tax provision under ASC 740 C Corporation parent company
- Perform review and/or preparation of semi annual and annual tax provisions for REIT TRSs
- Manage preparation and review of thousands of investor 1099s, K-1s, and related calculations
- Track and respond to tax notices
- Prepare technical tax research and compliance memos
- Work with the internal software engineering team to develop tax-oriented tools
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure that the fixed asset system accurately reflects tax basis information
- Manage relationship and coordination with third-party service providers
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5-7years of relatable experience either in-house or public accounting
- Extensive experience with REITs
- Experience with RICs, partnership taxation, and/or Corporate Tax provision
- CPA or equivalent designation
The estimated base salary range Fundrise expects to pay for this position is between $116,000 and $149,000 annually. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as a target discretionary performance bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable). The range for this role takes into account a wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: candidate’s relevant skill set, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business/organizational needs.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums (for our HSA medical plan, dental and vision plans) and competitive coverage for our PPO medical plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave