In this position, you will be an essential member of the Revenue Operations team as a sales operations subject matter expert. You will lead a team of sales operations analysts to foster operational excellence and sales rep productivity through meaningful process change and the execution of various operational enhancements and cross-functional initiatives.
As Grammarly expands, our sales process must run smoothly and efficiently. Our sales representatives should focus on their strengths while the Sales Operations team works to streamline their interactions with all aspects of the sales process, utilizing various tools and communication channels. In this position, you will play a significant role in leading top-of-the-funnel sales operations. Your responsibilities will include managing leading operations with sales and cross-functional teams, integrating feedback and best practices into process improvements, and assessing lead quality and throughput to better align with marketing and sales efforts. You will also be a critical adviser for building and designing programs related to rules of engagement, sales territories, and sales processes for BDRs, AEs, and CSMs.
Within your first 30 days, you will:
- Complete general onboarding and meet the team.
- Study and internalize the Grammarly sales process from start to end.
- Establish relationships with team members and cross-functional partners.
- Learn Grammarly’s GTM Operations and understand how sales reps handle leads, accounts, opportunities, territories, and rules of engagement.
Within your first 3 months, you will:
- Deep dive into sales reps’ processes and identify opportunities to streamline methods and increase adoption of core processes.
- Outline sales operations initiatives to best support the business and sales teams.
- Become the point of contact for your direct reports’ escalations, questions, and concerns to support their day-to-day work.
- Provide operational training and support for sales-facing roles by providing documentation, video recordings, and ad-hoc sessions.
- Take the lead on monthly initiatives related to top-of-funnel operations, effectively engaging with Marketing Operations and Sales partners for feedback loops.
- Engage in special projects for sales process improvement and mid-funnel operational excellence.
Within your first 6 months:
- Become the subject matter expert for top-of-funnel and mid-funnel Sales Operations while building repertoire in areas like sales commissions and booking policies.
- Establish methods to drive the adoption of core processes and set up repeatable ways to track the success of initiatives, driving iterations and enhancements over time.
- Deeply understand the sales process from pre to post-sale to develop a strong perspective on strengths, weaknesses, and blind spots.
- Drive high-quality work consistently with a team of sales operations analysts who deliver precise results on time or ahead of schedule.
- Become a strong champion for sales reps and work best practices into core processes to maximize their success.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be hands-on and decisive with their work.
- Is a determined team player who is organized and thrives working with various groups in a collaborative and accountable manner.
- Is a self-starter who is driven to achieve goals and has a bias for action.
- Is motivated by operational efficiency and strives to improve systems and processes.
- Has exceptional communication skills.
- Is a CRM and Sales tools power user.
- Enjoys understanding and solving problems.
- Has management experience with a track record of success.
- Has 4+ years experience working in a B2B SaaS company.
- Has 7+ years of Sales Operations or Revenue Operations experience.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related field (an MBA is a plus).
- Has a proven ability to consistently deliver high-quality work and meet deadlines.
- Is a strategic thinker – can think about the bigger picture to understand the end goal but drill into the details to solve problems when needed.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.