At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
Starburst is looking for a Manager of Sales Development to train, coach, and motivate a team of high performing Sales Development Representatives. You will be a frontline manager focused on building a sales pipeline and achieving individual and team quotas. You will partner closely with marketing on demand generation programs/campaigns and collaborate to develop the sales strategy while driving key initiatives to achieve sales objectives. The ideal candidate loves solving challenges, and motivating his/her team and is constantly looking for ways to improve the sales process, conversion rates, and cross-functional alignment.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire, onboard and ramp a team of sales development representatives
- Develop and coach representatives in their careers toward future account executive roles
- Motivate and inspire a team of 6-8 early career employees Provide constructive, real-time feedback
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence
- Collaborate with marketing to drive new business through demand generation
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years of experience managing sales development team in a SaaS company
- 1-3+ years experience in a closing, quota carrying role (preferably as an Account Executive)
- Proven track record of managing to core KPI’s
- Success in overachieving quotas and targets
- Experience selling/leading in complex B2B sales motion
- Familiarity with open source technologies
- Ability to drive and manage cross-functional initiatives at scale
- Excellent communication, teamwork and people management skills
- Experience managing outbound pipeline generation motion
- A passion for coaching and developing SDR talent
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $100,000 – $120,000 (+ commission or + bonus), subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.