In this role, the Manager of Operations Performance Optimization is responsible for driving a step change in Cityblock operational performance (i.e. achieving board level goals) through implementing a performance reporting infrastructure and process improvement practices. A primary focus of this role will be implementing management tools and operating processes to align the daily activities of individual colleagues in the markets to corporate goals and to create continuous improvement at all levels of the field operations organization. This will ensure we support our middle management team of market/field operations leaders to optimize the performance and focus of their teams’ daily activities tied to delivering our desired outcomes, ultimately improving quality of care for our members.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at defining and executing process improvement that requires a high level of change management and cross-functional alignment, and comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease. They are strategic, able to draw themes and trends from vast quantities of data, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, and suggest paths forward. They are technically savvy (able to spin up financial models and execute complex analyses) and expert at building strong relationships, earning trust across organizational levels, and supporting change management.
- Be accountable to achieving significant change in operations performance (i.e. board level goals) through successful implementation of novel company wide operating processes and management tools; including leading the change management across all levels of the enterprise (from individual contributors to senior leaders)
- Support the near and long term roadmap development for Cityblock to define, develop and implement
- Scorecards that include what should be measured, how to measure to motivate positive behaviors, and the look/feel to ensure intuitive/easy to use
- Improvement playbook that allows middle management to drive performance improvement within their teams
- Operating mechanisms to consistently review performance across the organization at all levels, and to identify improvement opportunities and plans
- Implementation plan to roll out these new assets and expectations, considering change management best practices
- Enable strong governance of our dashboard data, including origination, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Be accountable to achieving corporate improvement goals through the implementation of these new corporate assets and processes
- Ensure value capture and ongoing process optimization of the newly developed performance management structure by developing structures to identify trends and opportunities for performance optimization based on the new reporting suite.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years direct business experience in integrated healthcare delivery system organizations, managed care or health insurance companies, management/financial consulting firms with healthcare focus, or population health services companies
- Ability to independently manage a portfolio of 3-5 projects with a cross functional team
- Strong Google sheets/Excel skills, inclusive of financial modeling and leveraging connected sheets;SQL experience nice to have
- Experience in a high-growth, unstructured environment where there has been success in implementing structure, reliable operations and continuous improvement
- Excellent skills to organize cross-functional work
- Highly strategic, able to draw themes and trends from vast quantities of data, identify opportunities for growth and improvement, and suggest paths forward
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making and performance management
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence, highly communicative + ability to navigate large, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with front line staff and senior executives
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Are an adept and experienced manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with operational and clinical measurement and performance management
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!