Cart.com is looking for a dynamic professional to join the Operations Excellence team for our third-party Fulfillment-as-a-Service business. The Manager, Operations Excellence will drive business performance improvements by delivering targets against the strategic objectives of the function: Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost.
You will work with the Senior Manager, Operations Excellence and other senior fulfillment leaders to evolve and improve the business through developing advanced reporting, implementing continuous improvement principles, and managing strategic initiatives for the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and implement new tools or processes to improve performance in the strategic objectives of the function: Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost.
- Standardize tools and processes across all fulfillment centers.
- Plan and lead cross-functional projects across 14 fulfillment centers across the country.
- Partner with finance and operations leadership to report savings related to process improvement activities, including follow-up to ensure post-improvement sustainability.
- Leverage tools such as Tableau and Power BI to provide fulfillment leaders with actionable insights.
Who You Are:
- You have working knowledge of continuous improvement principles.
- You have experience working in e-commerce logistics.
- You possess advanced data analysis and visualization abilities.
- You are able to work independently and collaboratively.
- You are able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- You are a self-starter who can create value in a dynamic environment.
What You’ve Done:
- 2+ years of experience in continuous improvement, industrial engineering, finance, or strategic operations in an e-commerce logistics environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related studies/experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to collaborate and work independently and report on results achieved
Nice to Haves:
- You have progressive experience in a startup
- You have experience working in an e-commerce 3PL fulfillment environment
- You have experience building data visualizations in Tableau and/or Microsoft BI
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While the role is primarily remote, it will require travel across the US and working in warehouse environments.
- Up to 50% variable travel as necessary