The following requirements are must-haves for this position:
- 5+ years experience with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with Marketo
- Marketo Certified Expert
Do you love and have proven success with marketing operations and managing Marketo programs? Do you geek out about acquisition funnels, multi-channel campaigns, and getting your hands dirty executing those plans? Are you looking to work with bright people who respect you for your contributions and your character? Want to help build and mentor a team of Marketo specialists? Do you want to dominate your career without killing your personal life?
We’re looking for responsible, accountable, and driven marketers who want to be long-term, respected contributors to our team. You will be challenged every day and you will develop skills and a track record that you can be proud of!
We’re building a different kind of agency at SmartBug Media—one where you can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect, and still embrace the things that matter in life.
SmartBug’s Manager, Marketing Automation is a Marketo specialist role that is a hands-on operation role that leads the execution of our clients’ marketing strategies and plans through their marketing automation platform (Marketo) and fully leveraging its capabilities. Working closely with writers, designers, developers, and Senior Marketing Strategists, this role will implement and engineer marketing initiatives through Marketo, CRMs (commonly Salesforce), social media platforms, CMS tools, and other client and SmartBug systems.
- Responsible for email marketing program development and execution, including segmentation, testing, and deployment, and continually evaluating these for improvements.
- Maintain marketing automation integration with CRM and business systems and assist in integrating additional platforms into the marketing automation software (developer support provided as needed).
- Understand and evaluate campaign metrics and performance within Marketo and connected analytics platforms.
- Manage marketing automation efforts and processes, proactively researching and implementing the latest best practices, strategies, and industry standards.
- Plan and perform A/B testing to define and execute enhancements to productivity, conversion rates, programs/campaign ROI, and sales growth.
- Support essential marketing operations initiatives in Marketo and various CRMs (primarily Salesforce). Initiatives may include managing the lead lifecycle, lead scoring, lead nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing.
- Support the execution of inbound and digital marketing strategies including content marketing, website optimization, social media, and SEO.
- Become a SmartBug process ninja and keep up with software updates and best practices, educating your teammates as required.
- Project manage a team of content creators, developers, and designs to execute campaign deliverables.
- Coordinate with the Senior Marketing Strategist in creating monthly performance reports that provide deep data-driven insights about customer needs and behaviors to fuel innovation and identify strategic initiatives that will drive sales, growth, and profitability.
- Collaborate with Senior Marketing Strategist on ongoing strategic plans.
- Align client services department with all SmartBug cross functional departments, including operations, sales, marketing, paid media, PR, creative, development and production
- Research, build and implement scalable process(es) for the organization, department and/or within department(s) adhering to best practices and ensuring alignment with SmartBug short and long term organizational goals
- Stay informed about inbound and digital marketing industry developments.
- Become the resident expert on your clients’ industries and marketing.
- Contribute to client content development.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Required:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- 5+ years experience with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media required
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with Marketo is required
- Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) certification is required
- Journalism experience and/or strong writing skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively based on customer requirements
- Expert knowledge of database management concepts and best practices
- Passion for digital marketing with a strong understanding of inbound and digital marketing
- Understanding of search engine optimization, email marketing best practices (e.g., CAN-SPAM compliance), and major social media platforms and best practices
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and internet marketing developments and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Proficiency in blogging platforms and/or content management skills
- Experience with Marketo Revenue Cycle Model/Revenue Cycle Explorer preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a bonus
- Screening call with HR
- Video call with VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Our Extensive Employee Benefits Program Includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 100+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest rated partner in the world.