Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for an Executive Operations Manager to manage a team of Executive Assistants and support 1-2 executives across different teams in the company. This is a critical role that ensures that the bandwidth, time, and leverage of BetterUp executives are optimized. In this role, you will serve both as a team leader and also as an executive assistant to 1-2 executives. You will be responsible for managing team performance, helping team members learn and grow, and ensure that the team is aligned to the needs of the business and is performing to its potential.
What you’ll do:
- Manage team performance and direction, and helping team members navigate challenges or troubleshoot
- Provide feedback and help EA team members learn and grow
- Run team meetings and provide timely updates on strategy, team priorities, and topics affecting the business
- Step in as needed on high priority projects across the company
- Safeguard your executives’ calendars while proactively implementing thoughtful themes to their schedules (for example, separate blocks of time for different initiatives; ex: all interviews on Monday afternoons, all product-related meetings on Tuesday mornings, etc.)
- Assist your executives with a multitude of tasks such as scheduling meetings and calls (internal, external, interviews, etc.), inbox management, booking and managing travel, event planning, and other special projects
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5-7 years of executive assistant experience; experience in a high-growth startup preferred
- 2+ years of management experience
- Deep understanding of what world class EA teams look like and how they are run
- Experience supporting executives with very complex and demanding schedules in fast-paced, high growth, constantly changing environments
- Great communication and listening skills, adept at coaching and providing feedback, and demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve outstanding results
- Experience managing and growing a team
- Extreme attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bias towards action and scrappiness in finding creative ways to get tough tasks done
- Agility, adaptability, and persistence
- Comfortable with ambiguity and managing multiple, shifting priorities
- Ability to elevate executives by anticipating and proactively planning for important priorities, challenges, and blockers
- Ability to identify and properly adjust priorities on a continuous basis
- Passion for coaching, education, behavioral sciences or other fields that lead to human well-being
- No ego teammate: We thrive in an environment of healthy and respectful collaboration that is fundamentally driven by the desire to succeed as a team. A general desire to contribute, without attachment to any one specific outcome other than the success of our clients and BetterUp.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $94,000 – $115,000