Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a strategic and analytical manager, customer success enterprise (ENT) to join our team and ensure our largest customers successfully adopt and renew Muck Rack year over year. Being successful on this team means advocating for customer needs, challenging convention through new ideas and solutions, and working together to create impact.
As a manager, customer success ENT you will work with a large volume of customers across your team’s full book of business in both proactive and reactive manners, participating in and driving cross-functional initiatives focused on improving customer health, revenue growth and retention. A major part of your role will also be to coach and advance the team to high standards of excellence.
In this role, your mission will be to go beyond the goal of customer renewals and instead focus on long-term customer health. As a leader, you have a passion for solving problems, you are devoted to operational and engagement improvements, and you are committed to developing the skills of your team.
What you’ll do:
- Attract, hire, onboard, coach and retain top customer success managers, starting with 4-5 direct reports with the expectation to grow your team throughout this year
- Motivate, inspire and mentor your team members to achieve strong quarterly results
- Manage recurring revenue and deliver high on-time renewal rates
- Help craft the evolving and growing Enterprise CSM strategy for Muck Rack and manage through change
- Build customer success playbooks that drive gross and net revenue retention for Muck Rack’s largest accounts
- Partner with Revenue Operations to define and execute against rules of engagement and customer journey triggers
- Partner with Revenue Enablement to develop training and career paths for your direct reports
- Collaborate with other CSM leaders, such as Customer Support, Customer Education, and Customer Onboarding to advocate for customer needs and deliver a unified & professional customer experience
- Work closely with Sales teams to ensure customers’ pre-sale expectations are exceeded in the post-sale experience
- Own key metrics for your team including renewal forecast, activity management, upsells, platform adoption, and churn
- You will build relationships with key customers via calls and on-site visits
How success will be measured in this role:
- Quarterly net and gross revenue retention goal attainment
- Improving and maintaining high customer health scores alongside retention
- Ability to recruit and retain your team
- Upward feedback from your direct reports and peer feedback
- Ongoing process refinement and change management
- Cross-functional partnership with Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, and Product
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- At least 4-6 years professional experience, with at least 2 years of related experience managing a revenue generating customer success team in B2B SaaS and at least 1 year of direct experience as a CSM working with Enterprise customers
- Proficiency managing pipeline, forecasting and reporting in a CRM
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking – able to take complex customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them (includes strong writing and communication skills)
- Experience working with enterprise accounts to identify and solve challenging business problems
- Enjoy working in a fast growing company, resilient to necessary business changes and excited about leading your team to new heights
- Experience working toward customer health and satisfaction – not just toward a renewal
- A natural ability to collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product, Revenue Operations, and other Customer Success teams
- Able to travel up to 15% of the time to customer meetings or remote offices
- Experience building cohesive, distributed teams with a proven ability to coach and develop others
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A panel interview with several team members
- Take-home assignment (2 hours max)
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $105,000 and $120,000, with an OTE between $135,000 and $150,000+. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards