At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. The Yelp Strategy team supports this mission by working with Yelp executives to chart an efficient and decisive course over a 3 year time horizon.
The Strategy team works with leaders to codify the growth opportunities and threats in our business. The team synthesizes external and internal insights, pulling it all together into a strategic direction that is refreshed over time. The Strategy team also partners with operating leaders across the company on complex landscape & customer questions, and helps leaders align their priorities with Yelp’s strategic direction.
As a Manager on the Strategy team, you’ll lead a team of analysts, acting as a player coach. You should enjoy running your own analysis as much as mentoring and managing analysts in your team. You’ll be reporting to the SVP, Strategy, and working closely with leaders across Yelp’s functions. We’re looking for someone with a track record of high impact, achievement, and creative problem-solving. You are a team player, excellent communicator, and quick learner willing to get your hands dirty. You are as excited about Yelp as we are.
This is a full time role based in the United States.
Success Looks like:
- Seen as a thought leader and utility player by the strategy team & internal leaders (product, marketing, sales, corporate development, biz ops, data science, finance)
- Viewed as a go-to person for landscape, customer and competitive insights
- Quality & timeliness of your strategic analyses and recommendations
- Positive feedback from internal partner teams, on both quality & impact of your insights, and the quality of working relationship
Where you come in:
- You will effectively manage strategic projects requested by Yelp’s CEO and exec team, delivering clear insights and recommendations
- You will improve Yelp executives’ understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape, & market opportunities, via a robust landscape tracking process.
- You and your team will synthesize customer, competitor and landscape trends, formulate a POV, and communicate regular updates to Yelp’s exec teamYou will support periodic refreshes of our corporate strategy, based on Yelp’s progress and new landscape developments
- You will conduct deep dives to explore new opportunities stemming from our strategy and address follow-up questions or implications of our strategic direction
- You will work with product, sales & customer success, marketing, corporate development, biz ops, data science and finance to translate key insights into operating priorities
- You will manage and develop a team of strategy analysts, with a thoughtful & effective approach to project management, performance management & career development.
What it takes to succeed:
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a top tier consulting firm, corporate strategy group, investment bank, private equity fund, or technology company
- Entrepreneurial or operating experience in product, marketing, or sales is a plus
- Experience & demonstrated interest in people management and helping others grow and develop
- Quantitative undergraduate degree preferred; quantitative graduate degree is a plusYou are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between creative, integrative, and analytical thinking You are a motivated self-starter, with the ability to find creative solutions to complex questions
- You are an excellent team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You know how to scope a problem, develop a workplan, and lead a team of analysts and stakeholders through an agreed set of milestones & deliverables
- You can synthesize detailed data into high-level insights and clear takeaways
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident presence with senior executives
- You have superior hands-on analytical skills and expertise in Excel You have experience with (or ability to quickly learn) analytical tools including: SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Python, R
What you’ll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match