Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ hardest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do. We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Manager, Corporate Accounting to support our Finance team.
This is a hybrid remote and in-office position located in the River North area of Chicago, IL.
Coalfire is looking for an experienced Corporate Accounting Manager to join our Finance team in Chicago. In this crucial role, you will oversee accounting operations, lead a team of three dedicated staff, drive the month-end close process, conduct technical accounting research, and play a key role in implementing and documenting policies. Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing external audits to ensure compliance and accuracy. The successful candidate will have strong critical thinking and analysis skills, proficiency in accounting standards and financial systems, hands-on support capabilities, and a solid background in accounting, demonstrating adaptability, diligence, exceptional organization, systematic approach, strong communication skills, and a proven ability to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and oversee general accounting functions, encompassing areas such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, general ledger, and month-end closing.
- Evaluate current practices and procedures, providing recommendations for enhancements.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze general ledger variances and propose corrective actions for management approval to achieve accounting financial objectives.
- Manage operational accounting projects, including cash forecasting and DSO/DPO strategy, and assist with technical accounting projects such as goodwill and other asset impairment assessments.
- Assist in external audit preparation and coordination, as well as meeting regulatory compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business owners and FP&A, to ensure the completeness and accuracy of accruals
- Conduct research and revise accounting memos in response to changes in accounting standards.
- Leads the team in the account reconciliation process by ensuring that all balance sheet accounts recorded to the ledger are reconciled monthly/quarterly, investigating any aging or unusual items.
- Manage staff development by managing performance, setting goals, offering ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities and projects as required.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant accounting experience
- Technically proficient in US GAAP (especially ASC 350, ASC 360, ASC 326, ASC 718, ASC 842)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to research and interpret complex accounting issues
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite highly desired), general ledger, and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships across the department and organization
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Critical thinker with evidence of building scale within an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced Excel skills
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $78,000 to $135,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.