We’re looking for someone with experience in conversation optimization and design and is able to reference a portfolio of their work. This individual will leverage their understanding of human language and communication to architect seamless chat experiences for Drift Automation customers while continuously coaching a team of designers on best practices. They may come from a variety of backgrounds; Communications with a focus on design, UX design with a passion for linguistics, or even a copywriting background fueled by experience with dialogue managers.
About what you’ll be doing on the team:
- Coaching a team of designers on how to build high quality bots that drive outcomes for their customers.
- Managing a small portfolio of accounts through 6 month + implementation lifecycles and ensuring customers love their bots.
- Experimenting with new use cases for Drift Automation and creatively applying our technology in ways we haven’t tried before.
- Working with the Automation leadership team to identify and document the best approaches for Conversation Designers to build phenomenal bots.
- Collaborating with our internal product teams to improve our toolset and bot capabilities, using customer feedback to advocate for new functionality or feature improvements.
In one month, you’ll…
- Attend training to learn the Drift story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Learn how Drift works and why our customers use it
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and all your direct reports
- Learn about how the Conversation Design team measures and tracks success
- Shadow designers with their customer projects while identifying areas of improvement
By month 3, you’ll…
- Own customer escalations and guide the team on how to de-escalate issue
- Manage your own portfolio of customers and own a new customer’s implementation
- Coach and develop the team on the spot and through 1:1s, using observations and metrics
- Use your Drift and past experiences to help build a framework that inspires great bot design
By month 6, you’ll..
- Work with your team to help them execute on projects that drive better experiences for customers as well as the team at-large
- Identify and take on initiatives for team growth (both in terms of headcount as well as individual development)
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth