- You’re a seasoned professional. You have 8+ years of Accounting experience, are comfortable managing a team, and diving into the nitty-gritty. You also will have a deep understanding of equity accounting for stock options, including equity award valuation, equity grants, compensation expense, and equity issuances.
- You are an effective team builder. You have 3+ years in a hands-on manager role. You have a passion for managing people, developing talent, and building a resilient team culture.
- You love to write. Whether it’s a process narrative, flowchart, or a quick conversation in Slack, writing is a main form of communication.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and energized by new challenges.
- You obsess over details. You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy. You are detail-oriented and care about the nitty gritty, but you can step back and review the big picture. You know which pennies are worth chasing and which ones aren’t.
- You wear many hats. You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small and you never shy away from rolling up your sleeves and helping the team.
- You’ve got the credentials. You are a CPA.
Things You’ll Do:
- Foster the development and growth of the team, adapting to the evolving needs of the organization. We are an evolving team so flexibility in the areas you manage is a must!
- Be a mentor, coach, and advocate for your team when it’s needed
- Collaborate with the team to have consolidated financials in 5 business days, while identifying opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency
- Be the equity accounting expert ensuring all stock transactions are recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Post monthly accounting entries and review entries performed by your team to ensure accuracy, identifying discrepancies or areas for improvement.
- Review monthly financial reconciliations
- Assist in day-to-day accounting operations, offering guidance and expertise to resolve challenges that may arise.
- Drive process improvements and automation initiatives to streamline accounting operations and reduce manual efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate financial reporting and advance Zapier initiatives through various projects.
- Monitor and recommend improvements with segregation of duties and system controls
- Stay updated on changes in accounting regulations and standards, proactively assessing their impact on financial operations and implementing necessary adjustments.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist in the preparation and review of audit schedules and provide support of auditors during the audit process
- Provide support to our Assistant Controller and Controller on various projects
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
USA: 138,300 – 207,500 USD
Canada: 138,300 – 207,500 CAD