We are seeking a talented ML Engineer to join us in building Poe, an exciting new platform at the forefront of AI. You will work at the cutting edge of technology to develop the Poe’s bot eco system with state of art machine learning algorithms. This includes building scalable and performant recommender system and various NLP/LLM applications, and collaborating with our product team to build various personalized AI-driven user features.
Poe has experienced awesome growth so far, and as an MLE for Poe, you can build the future of bot ecosystem while gaining invaluable experience with complex problems. Your contributions will have a direct influence on Poe’s roadmap. If you have a passion for search and retrieval, emerging LLM modeling techniques and recommender system at scale, this role offers an invaluable opportunity to spearhead progress.
- Improve our existing machine learning systems using your core coding skills and ML knowledge
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to different parts of the Poe product
- Work with other machine learning engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
- Take end to end ownership of machine learning systems – from data pipelines, feature engineering, candidate extraction, model training, as well as integration into our production systems
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time)
- 3+ years of strong software and machine learning development skills in a fast pace environment
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms
- Previous experience building end to end machine learning systems
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years of experience writing Python or C++ code
- Experience with leading large-scale multi-engineer projects
- Flexible and positive team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Quora’s mission and goals
At Quora, we value diversity and inclusivity and welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including marginalized or underrepresented groups in tech, to apply for our job openings. We encourage all candidates who share a passion for growing the world’s knowledge, even those who may not strictly meet all the preferred requirements, to apply, as we know that a diverse range of perspectives can have a significant impact on our products and our culture.
Quora offers a wide range of benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage, equity refreshers, remote work reimbursement, paid time off, employee assistance programs, and more. Benefits are country-specific and may vary. For more information on benefits, visit this link: https://www.careers.quora.com/benefits
There are many factors that will determine the starting pay, including but not limited to experience, location, education, and business needs.
- US candidates only: For Colorado based applicants, the minimum base salary range is $94,400 – $128,350 USD + equity + benefits. For California, New Jersey, New York, and Washington based applicants, the minimum salary range is $94,400 – $151,000 USD + equity + benefits.
- British Columbia Candidates Only: For British Columbia based applicants, the minimum base salary range is $96,500 – $154,000 CAD + equity + benefits